Music skips after burning.

cara_starr

Question

I am nearly finished with a dvd i've been working on. i have watched and re-watched it on the computer SO MANY times to make sure it's ready to burn. it plays great. but after i burn it, and watch it on the dvd player, the music skips alot, and at one point cuts off completely, meanwhile the video keeps playing. Could it be my burner? the disc? the dvd player? I've never had this problem before. PLEASE HELP!!!!

9 answers to this question

i played the finished disc on my 'puter and it played fine. i had to play it with the Sonic CinePlayer for Roxio cause it wouldn't play right with windows media player. Does that mean anything?

So it must be my dvd player huh?

I'm using Memorex Lightscribe DVD+R discs. (Package says up to 16x, 4.7GB, 120 min - if that matters.)

Cara

If you play the finished Disc in your computer are you getting the same results?

What brand of DVD media did you burn your project to?

William

welp, i burned it to a different disc, (Verbatim DVD-R, not Lightscribe) and same story. played fine on the computer, but skippy on the dvd player. it's gotta be my player right? my dvd burner is brand new.

I would suggest testing with a different brand of media.

William

welp, i burned it to a different disc, (Verbatim DVD-R, not Lightscribe) and same story. played fine on the computer, but skippy on the dvd player. it's gotta be my player right? my dvd burner is brand new.

I would guess that your set top might be on its way out. Is it old?

I'm having a similar problem, I'm able to burn to a DVD -R , but when I try to burn to a DVD +R the video is fine, but the music skips while playing in both my computer and dvd player. I started out using Memorex and I also tried the HP brand and I get the same results.

Also there is a setting under Project Settings in DVD Builder where you can select between two different formats, the default is DVD -R, and the other format is DVD +VR which is to used with newer high end dvd home players.

Is there a patch that needs to downloaded to add the DVD +R format to the Project setting?

Is this a system flaw?

Are there any simple solutions for this problem we're having?

The DVD -R will play using CinePlayer and everything is fine. Now using the same burner, but using DVD +R Media and playing it using CinePlayer, the video is fine, but the audio skips.

Are you saying that this is a hardware issue?

Archived