• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator Classic burn speed

fawny

Question

I have Windows XP Pro with 1gb of RAM and

Module Name:

Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 3.0.86B

The burner I am using is a Sony DRU-820A <new>. I have bought some DV+R, 4x and on this burner, Roxio will get an error everytime when burning data <burns at 8x). I also have a Sony DW-U18A burner, and on this burner, it burns those same DVDs just fine.

The new burner, burns 8x DVDs just fine with NO errors and does burn at speed 8x.

I am thinking that if I can set the burn speed on these DVDs to 4x, then I will NOT get the error. For the life of me I can NOT see how to set the burn speed.

Help would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

I have Windows XP Pro with 1gb of RAM and

Module Name:

Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 3.0.86B

The burner I am using is a Sony DRU-820A <new>. I have bought some DV+R, 4x and on this burner, Roxio will get an error everytime when burning data <burns at 8x). I also have a Sony DW-U18A burner, and on this burner, it burns those same DVDs just fine.

The new burner, burns 8x DVDs just fine with NO errors and does burn at speed 8x.

I am thinking that if I can set the burn speed on these DVDs to 4x, then I will NOT get the error. For the life of me I can NOT see how to set the burn speed.

Help would be appreciated.

When you click on Burn in Creator Classic, you will get the Burn Setup screen. Click the + sign next to Burn Option and you should get a window that allows you to change burn speeds as the first option.

BTW - If you are burning data DVDs, Creator Classic is the correct program to do that. However, if you are burning movie DVDs, you should be using Disc Copier. You can change the burn speed in Disc Copier as well.

Hope that helps.

post-72-1147889850.jpg

Archived