• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

a lot of problems with screenshots

RayPete89

Question

19 answers to this question

That looks as if it might be version 9.0.554 running in Vista, but what are you actually trying to do in the top screenshots? It looks rather like you are trying to install it or run it from a network drive.

What drive do you have it installed on, and what sort of drive is your F: drive??

That looks as if it might be version 9.0.554 running in Vista, but what are you actually trying to do in the top screenshots? It looks rather like you are trying to install it or run it from a network drive.

What drive do you have it installed on, and what sort of drive is your F: drive??

im not trying to run from network drive my drive f is an "HL-DT-ST-DVD+-RW GT10N

atleast i dont think im using a network drive

Understood, but your computer seems to think it's a network drive, according to the error messages it's giving you.

What's your history with this software, please?

-did you install it successfully?

-How long ago?

-has it been running properly up to now?

-what sort of system [hardware and Operating System] are you running it on?

There might be more questions before we can work out what's happening or going wrong, but answers to those questions will help us a lot, thanks.

Brendon

Understood, but your computer seems to think it's a network drive, according to the error messages it's giving you.

What's your history with this software, please?

-did you install it successfully?

-How long ago?

-has it been running properly up to now?

-what sort of system [hardware and Operating System] are you running it on?

There might be more questions before we can work out what's happening or going wrong, but answers to those questions will help us a lot, thanks.

Brendon

ive had it b4 it worked fine until i bought the Easy CD and DVD burner

it was installed successfully

like 1 hour ago

no

Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit Duel Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00ghz 3gb of ram and 140gb hdd

Okay, thanks for that info.

Your install yesterday can't have been successful, or else things would have been working fine. I guess it just didn't show you any error messages.

If the install you did an hour ago hasn't fixed things, that can't have been successful either. I think the best thing you can do at this point is to try a clean install. It's what's recommended when an ordinary install isn't working.

Your software is a subset of EMC version 9. The instructions for a clean install of version 9 in Vista are HERE. It's a good idea to print them out and follow them to the letter where possible. This removes broken bits and detritus that an ordinary uninstall/reinstall won't touch, and should give you a good factory install. Please try it.

Edited by Brendon

Okay, thanks for that info.

Your install yesterday can't have been successful, or else things would have been working fine. I guess it just didn't show you any error messages.

If the install you did an hour ago hasn't fixed things, that can't have been successful either. I think the best thing you can do at this point is to try a clean install. It's what's recommended when an ordinary install isn't working.

Your software is a subset of EMC version 9. The instructions for a clean install of version 9 in Vista are HERE. It's a good idea to print them out and follow them to the letter where possible. This removes broken bits and detritus that an ordinary uninstall/reinstall won't touch, and should give you a good factory install. Please try it.

i unistalled them deleted folders and regestry and freshly installed Easy CD and DVD burning

and it didn't work i still gives me all the same errors

Did you do the full "clean uninstall" proceedure, though?

Have you any software which screws around with drive letter assignments on you machine, such as "Magic Jack" ??

Yes i did FULL step by step

i have Alcohol 52% which can create 1 or more virtual drive

would formatting my whole system work?

Edited by RayPete89

Thank you.

Something on your system seems to be screwing up either the installation or the operation of this old Roxio software, since Windows is thinking that drive F is a network drive when of course it isn't.

In normal operation the software shouldn't be going back to the optical drive for Microsoft Installer files [MSI], so it might be that your Microsoft Installer has got its innards in a tangle. I've never seen it happen quite like this, but the MS installer does get itself tangled so frequently that MS has published a cleanup utility to fix it.

Perhaps this might help:-

-uninstall Easy CD & DVD Burning through the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs menu

-Visit Microsoft's Cleanup utility page HERE

-Read all the MS instructions very carefully

-download and run the MSICUU2 utility to remove any references to Roxio and clean up the MS installer

-MS might ask you to update your MS installer too. If so, you should do that.

-then disconnect from the Internet, stop all other applications and background programs like Antivirus etc

-reinstall Easy CD and DVD Burning.

-restart your normal applications again.

Fingers crossed,

Brendon

Yes i did FULL step by step

i have Alcohol 52% which can create 1 or more virtual drive

would formatting my whole system work?

Disable the Alcohol 52% (old version?), before you install. Alcohol 120% raised hell with EMC 7 and EMC 8.

Daemon Tools also caused trouble with EMC 7.

Edited by grandpabruce