Toast encoded BD image "too big" for BD-R disc?!?

Beady_El

Question

I have a HD camcorder. I have on my hard drive hd files of my 2008 trip to Australia.

So - I get Toast 10 Titanium, with Blu-Ray plug in. I get the LaCie Blu-Ray drive, and some Verbatim BD-R media.

I create a blu-ray video project & drop in my files. It says it'll just fit on one BDR.

Now the encoding begins. Almost TWO WEEKS pass as the video is encoded (I'm using a dual G5).

Finally, the moment comes to burn the freakin' disc.

And then....

TOAST TELLS ME THERE ISN'T ENOUGH ROOM ON THE BD-R. ("Need 22.91gb, only have 22.73gb !!")

NOT ENOUGH ROOM - FOR THE DISC IMAGE THAT TOAST ITSELF CREATED.

Did I mention it took TWO WEEKS???

The obvious stuff I checked - no, I didn't accidentally specify a BD-R DL.

Yes, these are 25GB BD-Rs.

No, I'm not much interested in doing a new encode. (I was at least alert enough to hang onto the temporary encoded files.)

Then I thought: "I know, I'll trim a few minutes from one of the clips - I'll use Toast's edit feature and set tighter start/end points."

BZZT. No good. Toast Video player comes up, but it can't open those .264 files. So, no trimming.

I even tried specifying 'no menus' at all -- but that didn't make any apparent difference.

As an ABSOLUTE last resort, I could burn two half-full BD-Rs, one with the first 90-minute (11GB) clip, and another with the 2nd 90min-11GB clip. But dang it, those BD-Rs are EXPENSIVE.

So, Toast buggered me, and took its sweeeeeeeeeeeet time doing it.

Any ideas folks?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet