• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Blu-ray without BD burner?

martigen

Question

Im new to this forum, i just purchased Toast 10 Pro, on the intro video from the Roxio site, it states "burn Blu-Ray discs without the need of an expensive Blu-Ray burner" is this a true statement? how can i burn a BD on a DVD-only burner on my iMac? im confused, did they make a mistake on that video? help please!!!

2 answers to this question

You can burn blu-ray stream on DVD (BD-5) or on DL-DVD (BD-9). Search this forum for detailed procedures about how to do it, if you cannot figure it out. It is fairly straight forward, generate your content and select the type of disc you want to burn, insert into your MAC and burn it.

Edited by ComPH

The discs are also know as AVCHD discs and must be played on your computer OR a Blu-ray player that will play the AVCHD format. Not all Blu-ray players will play that type of disc. Of course the length of what you can put on the standard DVD is much less than on a Blu-ray. Figure 45 to 50 minutes. I have made several and they are very good.

Where did you get the original files you want to burn?