• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

will V2D capture all video

lee_paws

Question

I am trying to capture a video that is on a VHS tape. This is a video that was taken during EEG monitoring at the hospital. This is a video of me having a seizure and I need to get it to my current doctor. Everytime I start it capturing the video it works for about 3-4 seconds and then I get a message that there is no signal. I can capture a video of The African Queen that I recored from the TV.

I am in the Roxio Media Import area and I have the settings at USB 2861 Device, Capture settings: DV, Input: Composite Video

Thanks for any help.

3 answers to this question

Have you updated to SP2? If not give it a try and see if that corrects the issue.

I have the latest version of the software. At least that is what it told me when I tried to install the software for SP2. The video was originally a SVHS and I had it transfered to VHS format so that we could watch it on regular VHS players. Any other ideas? I am starting to get frustrated.

Thanks

Christy

Edited by lee_paws

There is a problem with the tape or the tape and your Player.

If you can capture with other tapes and that Player, all is as it should be.

If there is any other way you can re-record the tape that would be the way to go. Also you must keep the lines from the Player to your PC as short as possible. 3 feet is reasonable but having the PC upstairs and the Player downstairs is not :lol: