• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Content CD disk- nothing

sunnyscapes

Question

HI,

I bought a Easy Media Creator 8 Suite CD (not a download)..along with the Content CD.

I've installed the Suite, but I didn't install Media Manager/Drag to Disk/Photo Suite and have rebooted and opened one of the programs.

The Content CD isn't recognized by my CD-rom drive or by Roxio EMC .. says there's no CD in the drive.

Should I have installed the Media Manager, (of which I don't want) and the other features I don't want in order to get the Content CD to work?

OR How do I use the Content CD to get the extra content or graphics?

Thanks,

Sunny

11 answers to this question

Those instructions are for Version 7 or 7.5, since the Content CD in those versions do not autoload. If you have Version 8, it does autoload.

I have version 8 with the updates included to make it 8.5. The Content CD doesn't autoload.

Windows Explorer doesn't see it.

Roxio doesn't see it either.

"Media Manager" or "Media Import" must have to be installed in order for it to auto-load.. it's not seeing a file that tells it Roxio is installed or something.

Or maybe I have to turn Windows Autoplay on, but I should be able to "Explore" the CD without that enabled.

Other programs I chose not to install are:

Drag to Disk

Photo Suite

Media Import

Media Manager

I'll install one of the above and see what happens.

I can live without extra graphics and styles, if I have to install something I don't want.

I use my own graphics anyway.... :)

Thanks for your time and knowledge.... I appreciate it.

Sunny

Does Roxio see the drive? Open Creator Classic, click on Tools, then click on Disc and Device Utility. Does your burner show?

Yes Roxio sees the D:\Drive, that hasn't been the problem.

I get an error message from

Disc and Device Utility, when I load the Content CD:

Medium not present-unit not ready, [0x123A000C]

Windows Explorer doesn't recognize the CD either.

I've tried to use the CD in Label Maker, by browsing to the D:\drive,

The CD thrashes around in the drive, then shows nothing. no error message, nothing.

Yes Roxio sees the D:\Drive, that hasn't been the problem.

I get an error message from

Disc and Device Utility, when I load the Content CD:

Medium not present-unit not ready, [0x123A000C]

OK... the deal is; I didn't get instructions with my CDs.. just the disks in the

CD case.

I'm trying these instructions to install the content on the Content CD....

Instructions to install the Content CD:

1. Click on "Start" and choose "Control Panel", If you are using Windows 2000,

Click on "Start", then "Settings" and choose "Control Panel".

2. Double-click on the "Add/Remove Programs" Icon.

3. Locate "Roxio Easy Media Creator". Click on it once to highlight it and click on "Change".

4. Click on the "Next" button.

5. Make sure that "Modify" is selected and click on the "Next" button.

6. Click on the down arrow next to "Content" and select "This feature will be installed on the

local hard drive", Repeat this for all three "Content" drop down boxes".

7. Click on "Next" and follow the instruction wizard to the end.

I'll let you know........

Sunny

I'll let you know......

Sunny

OK... the deal is; I didn't get instructions with my CDs.. just the disks in the

CD case.

I'm trying these instructions to install the content on the Content CD....

Instructions to install the Content CD:

1. Click on "Start" and choose "Control Panel", If you are using Windows 2000,

Click on "Start", then "Settings" and choose "Control Panel".

2. Double-click on the "Add/Remove Programs" Icon.

3. Locate "Roxio Easy Media Creator". Click on it once to highlight it and click on "Change".

4. Click on the "Next" button.

5. Make sure that "Modify" is selected and click on the "Next" button.

6. Click on the down arrow next to "Content" and select "This feature will be installed on the

local hard drive", Repeat this for all three "Content" drop down boxes".

7. Click on "Next" and follow the instruction wizard to the end.

I'll let you know........

Sunny

I'll let you know......

Sunny

Those instructions are for Version 7 or 7.5, since the Content CD in those versions do not autoload. If you have Version 8, it does autoload.

I have version 8 with the updates included to make it 8.5. The Content CD doesn't autoload.

Windows Explorer doesn't see it.

Roxio doesn't see it either.

"Media Manager" or "Media Import" must have to be installed in order for it to auto-load.. it's not seeing a file that tells it Roxio is installed or something.

Or maybe I have to turn Windows Autoplay on, but I should be able to "Explore" the CD without that enabled.

Other programs I chose not to install are:

Drag to Disk

Photo Suite

Media Import

Media Manager

I'll install one of the above and see what happens.

I can live without extra graphics and styles, if I have to install something I don't want.

I use my own graphics anyway.... :)

Thanks for your time and knowledge.... I appreciate it.

Sunny

None of those apps should have anything to do with the Content CD not being recognized.

You should be able to see the Content CD in Windows Explorer, like any other CD.

Try to see if you can see it on other PCs and/or CD-ROMs. If it cannot be read on anything, I suspect a bad CD.

None of those apps should have anything to do with the Content CD not being recognized.

You should be able to see the Content CD in Windows Explorer, like any other CD.

Try to see if you can see it on other PCs and/or CD-ROMs. If it cannot be read on anything, I suspect a bad CD.

I tried the Content CD in Hubbies CD/DVD-rom drive. It didn't auto-play, probably because we have that feature turned off, but it is recognized by My Computer and Windows Explorer.

There's nothing wrong with the CD.

It's my CD-R/DVD drive. I flashed the firmware a long time ago, but it still, sometimes, not all the time, doesn't recognize CDs, bought or burned.

I'm sorry, I should have thought about that to begin with.

My CD-R\DVD drive is stuck in PIO mode too, but that shouldn't keep it from recognizing content on a CD.

I can read my Data CDs I made with Roxio Easy CD Creator vers. 5.x, when Roxio EMC 8.5 is installed. I can read the picture CDs I made with version 5 also. I checked out all my backup CDs and they're fine.

It's odd though, I made a music CD the other day with EMC 8.5 using Music Disc Creator (the one that uses Lame as the mp3 codec). The CD I burned didn't play in the Stereo CD/DVD player. It played on my computer, but not on my stereo. So, I burned the same Music CD with Windows Media Player 10, and it played just fine on my stereo. Go figure.

I have to burn Music CDs using a different 'Hardware Profile'. I disable the ADSL internet connection, scanner, and printer. I exit some services, and shut off Windows Update and other programs that auto update, including the Antivirus program. I also do a Defrag before burning and turn back the burn speed to under 16x. Otherwise, I get skips and loses of content! It's a pain.. but there's much fewer "coaster discs" in the trash.

THANK YOU, all, for your input.

Sunny

I tried the Content CD in Hubbies CD/DVD-rom drive. It didn't auto-play, probably because we have that feature turned off, but it is recognized by My Computer and Windows Explorer.

There's nothing wrong with the CD.

It's my CD-R/DVD drive. I flashed the firmware a long time ago, but it still, sometimes, not all the time, doesn't recognize CDs, bought or burned.

I'm sorry, I should have thought about that to begin with.

My CD-R\DVD drive is stuck in PIO mode too, but that shouldn't keep it from recognizing content on a CD.

I can read my Data CDs I made with Roxio Easy CD Creator vers. 5.x, when Roxio EMC 8.5 is installed. I can read the picture CDs I made with version 5 also. I checked out all my backup CDs and they're fine.

It's odd though, I made a music CD the other day with EMC 8.5 using Music Disc Creator (the one that uses Lame as the mp3 codec). The CD I burned didn't play in the Stereo CD/DVD player. It played on my computer, but not on my stereo. So, I burned the same Music CD with Windows Media Player 10, and it played just fine on my stereo. Go figure.

I have to burn Music CDs using a different 'Hardware Profile'. I disable the ADSL internet connection, scanner, and printer. I exit some services, and shut off Windows Update and other programs that auto update, including the Antivirus program. I also do a Defrag before burning and turn back the burn speed to under 16x. Otherwise, I get skips and loses of content! It's a pain.. but there's much fewer "coaster discs" in the trash.

THANK YOU, all, for your input.

Sunny

I would trash that burner and get a new one. It is always frustrating to find out the hardware is going belly up, but at least you know now.

You are right, it shouldn't keep it from recognizing it.

How to get rid of being stuck in PIO mode: Delete the drive in Device Manager and reboot. It will recreate it during reboot and you will be able to change the setting to DMA. However the fact that it is stuck in PIO mode means that there have been 5 times problems with DMA - at which point it will stay stuck in PIO - which indeed could piont to problems with the burner.

HI,

I bought a Easy Media Creator 8 Suite CD (not a download)..along with the Content CD.

I've installed the Suite, but I didn't install Media Manager/Drag to Disk/Photo Suite and have rebooted and opened one of the programs.

The Content CD isn't recognized by my CD-rom drive or by Roxio EMC .. says there's no CD in the drive.

Should I have installed the Media Manager, (of which I don't want) and the other features I don't want in order to get the Content CD to work?

OR How do I use the Content CD to get the extra content or graphics?

Thanks,

Sunny

Does Roxio see the drive? Open Creator Classic, click on Tools, then click on Disc and Device Utility. Does your burner show?

If not, run the file in the following post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4195

You are right, it shouldn't keep it from recognizing it.

How to get rid of being stuck in PIO mode: Delete the drive in Device Manager and reboot. It will recreate it during reboot and you will be able to change the setting to DMA. However the fact that it is stuck in PIO mode means that there have been 5 times problems with DMA - at which point it will stay stuck in PIO - which indeed could piont to problems with the burner.

Yep, I know that. Actually it's 6 times, but will downgrade through the DMA modes with each error then get stuck in PIO mode at the sixth error. So if you catch it in one of the downgrades, you can reset it... but I didn't find that out till after the 6th error! lol

It seems removing/deleting the drive and drivers in Device Manager including deleting the upper and lower whatchamacallit in the registry, will maybe reset it back to DMA. Interesting enough, Windows will downgrade from an error from a scratch or dirty disc! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sunny

Archived