• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Xingtones

RJGraham

Question

I just installed Easy Media Creator 9 on my new computer with Vista (previously I was running Windows XP). I tried to use Xingtones to create a ringtone for my cell phone. I get the setup menu, but there is nothing in the radio boxes and it won't let me add information. I go to the update and try to download updates, the program starts and them I get a "program failed" message. How do I fix this, get the upgrade and start creating ringtones? Is this a Vista compatibility issue?

1 answer to this question

I just installed Easy Media Creator 9 on my new computer with Vista (previously I was running Windows XP). I tried to use Xingtones to create a ringtone for my cell phone. I get the setup menu, but there is nothing in the radio boxes and it won't let me add information. I go to the update and try to download updates, the program starts and them I get a "program failed" message. How do I fix this, get the upgrade and start creating ringtones? Is this a Vista compatibility issue?

Yes and no. The association between Roxio and Xingtones was terminated awhile back. You will not get it to work.

Update EMC 9 to EMC 9.1 for full Vista compatability if you haven't. I think you can use media manager to make ringtones for your phone. I don't have it installed at the moment.