rxman

No Audio with Easy VHS to DVD for Mac

Question

I have installed the software as well as the update. I actually captured video and audio from my Super 8 Sony camera using the

EZ VHS to DVD. However the audio only showed up in one track even though it was stereo sound. The next day I tried to capture

the video and sound again with another tape. This time there was actually NO sound coming into my MAC.

I checked to make sure all the sound settings were where they should be and they were. I even unplugged the camera and

played the tape through the TV to make sure the tape and the patch cord were both OK. They were.

I think the problem is with the Roxio capture device. Do any of you folks have any ideas or any experience with this problem?

Please post in response.

Thanks,

RXman

• Like 2

Hi

I have this software on mac running 10.9.1. I have video and in mac settings I changed the input to usb 2861 device and it shows input in the settings but not on the actual app?

some help would be appreciated.

I don't know what to suggest. I launch the application. It asks me to insert the device which I then plug into a USB port on the Mac (not through a hub). Everything works.

I'm on 10.8.4 and Im having the same no audio input problem no matters what I do.

At the input tab in System Prefs I select USB 2861 Device as input and I see the VU moving as if there is input but still no sound out the speakers.

Such a pity....

Maybe it doesn't work with 10.8.x

I'll try with my wife's MB Pro that has 10.6.8 just in case and let you know.

Cheers.

EDIT: Just checked on 10.6.8 and it works if I plug the USB dongle AFTER firing up the software.

It would be nice if it could work under 10.8 and on.

Please Roxio.... it cant be that difficult.

TNX

Edited by PEDU

I don't need to touch the audio input settings on the Mac. When I insert the device (after launching the software) it works for me in OS 10.9.

Help! I'm going nuts! I finally got around (today) to installing & registering an Easy VHS to DVD for Mac (2012 iMac running 10.7.5).

My first time copying everything went fine. But now I have the same problem others have had of VIDEO but NO SOUND.

-I've hooked cables to TV & sound from VCR is fine.

-I've tried a dozen possibilities, including not attaching Capture USB until Application opened.

-I've tried (unsuccessfully--bummer-- to contact Tech Support.

I also did Help search, went to System Preferences/Audio & did what they suggested.

My version was purchased 10/5/2013.

-I Downloaded Roxio_Capture_Update_1.0.5.zip & dmg BUT IT WOULD NOT OVERLAY "Easy Capture" Application (it just went into the folder).

-My guess is it's something petty simple, but I'm really frustrated by the problems. Will never trust Roxio again!

Thanks to whoever can help.

Help! I'm going nuts! I finally got around (today) to installing & registering an Easy VHS to DVD for Mac (2012 iMac running 10.7.5).

My first time copying everything went fine. But now I have the same problem others have had of VIDEO but NO SOUND.

-I've hooked cables to TV & sound from VCR is fine.

-I've tried a dozen possibilities, including not attaching Capture USB until Application opened.

-I've tried (unsuccessfully--bummer-- to contact Tech Support.

I also did Help search, went to System Preferences/Audio & did what they suggested.

My version was purchased 10/5/2013.

-I Downloaded Roxio_Capture_Update_1.0.5.zip & dmg BUT IT WOULD NOT OVERLAY "Easy Capture" Application (it just went into the folder).

-My guess is it's something petty simple, but I'm really frustrated by the problems. Will never trust Roxio again!

Thanks to whoever can help.

Which application are you using? There is the Roxio Video Capture app and the Easy VHS to DVD Capture app. Yours should be the former. Have you tried restarting the Mac?

Thanks to guy in Eugene, OR & others. Using Easy VHS to DVD & a MacPro laptop running 10.7.5 I'm able to transfer from vhs AS LONG AS I RESTART ANYTIME I STOP THE TRANSFER. (In other words, the advise worked.) I'm sorry for belated thanks; I hate navigating these discussion groups, although this was helpful. I won't buy a Roxio product again. Tech support was impossible to track down. (Links/phone # on webpage didn't work.) I would have even paid for it!. Anyway, thanks again & have a great Halloween! jwall55555

I've had this same problem. I found that if you have the capture device plugged in before Easy VHS to DVD is started, no audio will be outputted. What you need to do is remove the capture device from the USB port, then start Easy VHS to DVD. The software is going to prompt you to insert the capture device. Once you do that, now you can capture audio. I've spent a whole Saturday figuring it out.

Thank you so much newjob...I've been fighting this issue for hours! I'm so thankful you solved this problem as I was about to give up on the software!!

I just spent 10 hours transferring VHS to mp4 only to lear that virtually EVERY tape I converted has the audio for a few minutes and then cuts out! Does anybody know how to fix this???? Very frustrating

After messing around with this for an hour I figured out the problem. Every time you connect your usb device or open up Roxio, it mutes your Audio USB line. Basically open up recording devices, click on line (usb), properties and click on levels tab and unmute it and there ya go.

roxio.jpg

• Like 1

Hi

I have this software on mac running 10.9.1. I have video and in mac settings I changed the input to usb 2861 device and it shows input in the settings but not on the actual app?

some help would be appreciated.

I just bought Easy VHS to DVD with the Video Capture software. I have Mac OS 10.9.5 and am experiencing the same audio issues. Nothing but internal mic is available. Did you find a solution to this persistent problem?

I just installed the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD for Mac software on my Macbook Pro, running v 10.10.3 and can not get the audio to work. The video seems to be playing fine, but no audio. Help, please! Really frustrating. :(

The Roxio Video Capture app has no interaction with the System's Audio preferences panel. It should simply override it by plugging in the device (after first launching the application). Many posts here discuss the lack of audio problem. I haven't experienced it so I don't know the reason for it but maybe browsing through the forum will help you find a solution.

I too just bought the product this weekend. After briefly encountering this same "no audio" problem, I figured it out. Simply put, whenever you are starting the program, the Roxio wires need to be assembled one by one. First, put the USB portion into your computer. Next, put the micro-USB adapter in. Afterwards, take your RCA cables and plug them into the assembly. Finally, plug them into the appropriate outputs on your VHS or camcorder. As previous poster "tainters" said, if you assemble the wires in a different order, the audio levels are set to mute by default. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

On 6/24/2009 at 6:45 AM, newjob said:

I've had this same problem. I found that if you have the capture device plugged in before Easy VHS to DVD is started, no audio will be outputted. What you need to do is remove the capture device from the USB port, then start Easy VHS to DVD. The software is going to prompt you to insert the capture device. Once you do that, now you can capture audio. I've spent a whole Saturday figuring it out.

Not sure if you're still active on this forum (It's been ten years!). But it's another Saturday and I had the same problem. Your post helped me fix the problem! So, your Saturday wasn't wasted as far as I'm concerned. Much appreciated! Thankyou!