• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

TigerMO

make disc image and open on another computer

Question

My Samsung netbook does not have a CD drive, but I want to copy some unprotected CDs onto my netbook. I thought I could convert the CDs into disc images and transfer and open those on the laptop, but the laptop says it can't find the right application to open the disc image. I saved it as a .toast file and I don't have Toast on the laptop, only on my Mac. How can I transfer files on a CD?

2 answers to this question

try changing the .toast extension to .dmg or .img or .iso to see if that works for mounting on the PC. I'm not sure what extension PCs use for disc image files.

Edited by tsantee

I assume you are running windows on that system, and not a hacked version of OS X, right? If it is a hacked version, I would assume it would run just like OS X on anything else, but I have zero experience with it. If it is running windows, you might have a hard time opening image files that were created on a macintosh. You may want to double check some freeware forums to see if anyone knows of any good windows applications that will open various types of macintosh disc image files.