Encryption

pamelajhall

Question

3 answers to this question

Can I make a slideshow with Videowave adding photos, Quicktime movies, audio and transitions and then encrypt it so it cannot be copied? If it is encrypted, can someone play it in a DVD player and then copy it to a VCR tape?

Encryption is not the same thing as copy protection.

In Roxio you can only use encryption with data discs (as far as I know) and not with video DVDs. If you were to encrypt a DVD you could never play it on a DVD player

Can I make a slideshow with Videowave adding photos, Quicktime movies, audio and transitions and then encrypt it so it cannot be copied? If it is encrypted, can someone play it in a DVD player and then copy it to a VCR tape?

Thanks for the info. I thought I read somewhere that you would be able to play it but not open the files to copy it. Is there anything available anywhere that would let me do that?

Guest ivanatrox

You will not be able to add copy protection to your DVD with EMC or any consumer level software from Roxio/Sonic.

Archived