• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MediaSX: COM Interface Error

lappy_

After a complete rebuilt of my old machine, I re-installed Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 with all latest patches from the web site.

When I get into AudioCentral and try to open an mp3 file, it is actually able to play the file but it also pops a "MediaSX: COM Interface Error; The server threw an exception". I then click "ok" and I get a "PlayerApp Server Failure; Unknown Error" appearing. After clicking ok again the application freezes and shutdown stating that "RxPlayer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

Looks like anything that has to do with the AudioCentral Playlist gives me issues.

Not sure if this can be related to the issue or not but my PC has an old Creative Audigy 2 sound card (that works just fine with winamp, windows media player, itunes... etc).

Anyone can help out with this issue?

After a complete rebuilt of my old machine, I re-installed Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 with all latest patches from the web site.

When I get into AudioCentral and try to open an mp3 file, it is actually able to play the file but it also pops a "MediaSX: COM Interface Error; The server threw an exception". I then click "ok" and I get a "PlayerApp Server Failure; Unknown Error" appearing. After clicking ok again the application freezes and shutdown stating that "RxPlayer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

Looks like anything that has to do with the AudioCentral Playlist gives me issues.

Not sure if this can be related to the issue or not but my PC has an old Creative Audigy 2 sound card (that works just fine with winamp, windows media player, itunes... etc).

Anyone can help out with this issue?

Where did these files come from?

I have a sneaking hunch they are downloads, and are trying to call home. (And after a complete reintall, if you didn't save your permissions for the downloads, they will have to be reset to be "re-legalized".)

Lynn

Where did these files come from?

I have a sneaking hunch they are downloads, and are trying to call home. (And after a complete reintall, if you didn't save your permissions for the downloads, they will have to be reset to be "re-legalized".)

Lynn

The update files are coming from the Roxio web site (for Easy CD/DVC Creator 6 Platinum Edition). Even before putting the patches, AudioCentral was giving the error messages listed above, with a fresh load of XP with SP2 installed, nothing else. Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 Platinum Edition was the 1st application installed after windows XP.

The update files are coming from the Roxio web site (for Easy CD/DVC Creator 6 Platinum Edition). Even before putting the patches, AudioCentral was giving the error messages listed above, with a fresh load of XP with SP2 installed, nothing else. Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 Platinum Edition was the 1st application installed after windows XP.

The question that lynn was asking is "were are these MP3 files that you have coming from", did you download them, are they on a disc???????.

The question that lynn was asking is "were are these MP3 files that you have coming from", did you download them, are they on a disc???????.

They are on 2nd hard drive working in "slave mode". Even if I transfer the mp3 file on the C: drive it gives the same error.

After making a little bit more research, it seems that the issue is leading towards an "invalid pointer - ECDC 6" with AudioCentra but I have no idea what that means or how I can address the issue. This was coming for an older link that is no longer working with Roxio (http://boards.support.roxio.com/roxio/board/message?board.id=ez6p_audiocentral&message.id=3144).

They are on 2nd hard drive working in "slave mode". Even if I transfer the mp3 file on the C: drive it gives the same error.

After making a little bit more research, it seems that the issue is leading towards an "invalid pointer - ECDC 6" with AudioCentra but I have no idea what that means or how I can address the issue. This was coming for an older link that is no longer working with Roxio (http://boards.support.roxio.com/roxio/board/message?board.id=ez6p_audiocentral&message.id=3144).

Lets try again............"were did the MP3's that are on you 2nd hard drive come from". Did you download them from Walmart,or via iTunes, they would have DRM (Digital Rights Management) code and would not work with any program that can't enforce the DRM - which V.6 can't. Of course, you could burn to CD in a program that CAN read the file, rip to Hard Drive as .wav or .mp3, and proceed from there.

AND, if you did not do a back-up save of the permissions for the mp3s that you downloaded (assuming you downloaded them), they will have to be re-set by whoever you bought the downloads from.

Then again, since you have brought up the concept of "'invalid pointer - ECDC 6' with AudioCentral", it is possible you do not now have the files now EXACTLY the same place (drive, file) that they were before the rebuild. That would be like trying to use a map to get around an area, a map printed before most of the buildings wre bulldozed, a freeway run thru, and the surrounding streets alterted to adjust to the new changes.

However, all you are giving us to go on is an indication you aren't understanding the questions.

Lynn

AND, if you did not do a back-up save of the permissions for the mp3s that you downloaded (assuming you downloaded them), they will have to be re-set by whoever you bought the downloads from.

Then again, since you have brought up the concept of "'invalid pointer - ECDC 6' with AudioCentral", it is possible you do not now have the files now EXACTLY the same place (drive, file) that they were before the rebuild. That would be like trying to use a map to get around an area, a map printed before most of the buildings wre bulldozed, a freeway run thru, and the surrounding streets alterted to adjust to the new changes.

However, all you are giving us to go on is an indication you aren't understanding the questions.

Lynn

The mp3 came straight from my CD collection and got created from Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 Platinum Edition before I fried my motherboard, explaining why I had to rebuild.

I went a little deeper again tonight and the error occurs not only with mp3 files. It can be anything.

It can be an audio cd I put in my drive and AudioCentral will give me the same error. I know it's not a cd-rom drive issue because I can burn a cd from Creator Classic no problem.

I can just start AudioCentral and click on my playlist (where it's empty since I never had the chance to make AudioCentral working successfully so far) without even trying to open up a file and it will give me the error.

I can try to listen to an mp3 that I originally ripped from AudioCentral before the rebuild (with no change of drive/folder location) and it will give me the same error. In other words anything I can try to play using AudioCentral is giving me the error.

I really do appreciate the inputs and please let me know if you have any other recommendations for me to try. I apologize for the initial misunderstanding too.

The mp3 came straight from my CD collection and got created from Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 Platinum Edition before I fried my motherboard, explaining why I had to rebuild.

I went a little deeper again tonight and the error occurs not only with mp3 files. It can be anything.

It can be an audio cd I put in my drive and AudioCentral will give me the same error. I know it's not a cd-rom drive issue because I can burn a cd from Creator Classic no problem.

I can just start AudioCentral and click on my playlist (where it's empty since I never had the chance to make AudioCentral working successfully so far) without even trying to open up a file and it will give me the error.

I can try to listen to an mp3 that I originally ripped from AudioCentral before the rebuild (with no change of drive/folder location) and it will give me the same error. In other words anything I can try to play using AudioCentral is giving me the error.

I really do appreciate the inputs and please let me know if you have any other recommendations for me to try. I apologize for the initial misunderstanding too.

It is unfortunately very sad to say that LYNN98109 AND OGDENS have absolutely no clue about this MediaSX: Com Interface Error with Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 Platinum Edtion. You guys should not even bother to put a reply if the only response you have is about DRM (digital rights management) or permissons on mp3... this is just useless plain and simple and by the way version 6 CAN enforce DRM.

Now with that said, I now have the procedure to fix this MediaSX: COM Interface Error (showing on the reply)

LYNN98109 AND OGDENS, you may want to read about this Microsoft article so next time you will really stop bothering with mp3 rights poor questions:

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default....m/whatiscom.asp

Component Object Model (COM) objects are basically black boxes that can be used by applications to perform one or more tasks. They are most commonly implemented as a dynamic-link library (DLL). Like a conventional DLL, COM objects expose methods that your application can call to perform any of the supported tasks. Applications interact with COM objects in somewhat the same way they do with C++ objects. However, there are some distinct differences.

It is unfortunately very sad to say that LYNN98109 AND OGDENS have absolutely no clue about this MediaSX: Com Interface Error with Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 Platinum Edtion. You guys should not even bother to put a reply if the only response you have is about DRM (digital rights management) or permissons on mp3... this is just useless plain and simple and by the way version 6 CAN enforce DRM.

Now with that said, I now have the procedure to fix this MediaSX: COM Interface Error (showing on the reply)

LYNN98109 AND OGDENS, you may want to read about this Microsoft article so next time you will really stop bothering with mp3 rights poor questions:

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default....m/whatiscom.asp

Component Object Model (COM) objects are basically black boxes that can be used by applications to perform one or more tasks. They are most commonly implemented as a dynamic-link library (DLL). Like a conventional DLL, COM objects expose methods that your application can call to perform any of the supported tasks. Applications interact with COM objects in somewhat the same way they do with C++ objects. However, there are some distinct differences.

Now here's the procedure to fix MediaSX: COM Interface Error (LYNN98109 AND OGDENS ---> PLEASE put this into your technical background from now on and STOP bothering about mp3 rights):

A) Please keep all in mind that IT IS a Roxio product issue and since version 6 is old I really doubt that Roxio will fix it either.

:) I don't have a root cause of why this error is happening but I'm 100% sure that it is related with the AudioCentral PLAYLIST that can be corrupted OR that generates conflicts in memory with some system dll files (like from RxPlayer.exe for instance).

C) *** The procedure below might need to be performed more than once, especially if AudioCentral is very corrupted. ***

For Windows 2000/XP

1) Close any open programs, especially those included with Easy CD/DVD Creator 6

2) Press CTRL-ALT-DELETE on your keyboard which should launch TASK MANAGER.

3) Click on the PROCESSES tab

4) End any processes referring to EASY CD CREATOR including but not limited to MEDIADB.EXE, PLAYLIST.EXE, and RXMON.EXE

5) Find the ROXIO folder located in "c:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data" where USERNAME is the name of the user you are currently logged in as

6) Right click on the ROXIO folder and choose RENAME. Call the folder ROXIO.OLD

7) Now restart the application that was giving you that error message and it should no longer come up.

NOTE: If you are unable to rename the folder because permission is denied or the files may be in use, boot the machine in safe mode and then rename the folder. Then reboot in normal mode and continue with step 7.

Hope this will help from now on for anyone having an issue with MediaSX: COM Interface Error.

• 4 weeks later...

Bravo lappy! I too was having problems with MediaSX: COM errors. When I would click on the CD icon in AudioCentral Player to play a CD, I would get two error messages and the application would close. It worked fine before I downloaded and installed Roxio's "upgrades" - God, I hate this software/company! Anyway, your work-around works: I can play CDs and rip tracks again. It seems that very few problems actually find solutions on these forums - thanks again!

Bravo lappy! I too was having problems with MediaSX: COM errors. When I would click on the CD icon in AudioCentral Player to play a CD, I would get two error messages and the application would close. It worked fine before I downloaded and installed Roxio's "upgrades" - God, I hate this software/company! Anyway, your work-around works: I can play CDs and rip tracks again. It seems that very few problems actually find solutions on these forums - thanks again!

Have a NICE DAY.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks -

well, I was having the exact same problem as davesiders (except that mine started BEFORE I'd downloaded any updates!), and lappy's work-around seemed to work at first - no error messages! Unfortunately, now my "library" and playlists aren't showing. And when I try to add files to my library - whether from the computer, or from a CD - they won't take! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Archived