• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

rendering problems continued

kuljisk@comcast.net

Question

I would love to be able to complete my production for kindergarten graduation. My work (which i edited in videowave) consists of pics, video, text, and music. It will NOT render.... 0 hours, 0 mins, 0 secs.

I have windows xp and emc8 deluxe suite. Any ideas? I'm about to give up and I really don't want too.. I want to have the slideshow for my kinders and their parents.

There... I don't think I sound as desparate as I feel.

Help? Anyone? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Sorry that I wasn't as detailed as I needed to be. I really appreciate your replies.

I went to the bookstore and bought the manual last week. Anyway here goes...

One way that I have attempted to complete my project is....

*I have taken my saved vw production (it is saved as dmsm by default) and done an "Output as"

*then selected videofile, purpose all, ntsc, Mpeg-2 for dvd normal quality, and create video file.

*the result of this is 0 hr, 0 min, 0 sec, 0 frames

Another way I have tried is

*opened my saved vw production (it is saved as dmsm by default)

*sent it to "my dvd"

*clicked burn

*clicked burn to disk on burn project

*selected "save image file"

*selected burn

*after 10 minutes the overall progress show 0%, encoding 0%

My total project is no more than 15 minutes at this point.

i have emc8, windows xp on a dell inspiron 6000.

Please do not start a new thread. just add to your old thread. This makes things confusing since there are hundreds of posts daily.

Please post information regarding your computer; especially the video card/chips. Did you make sure that you have updated your video drivers and have the latest DirectX on your computer? How about Internet Explorer 6 or higher? Look at the requirements for V8 and make sure you meet or exceed all of them.

What is the source of the files that you added. If the render in VideoWave doesn't happen, when did it stop? (Time). You seem to indicate that it never started. As a test, delete the first thing that you have in the production both video and audio. If you have an image, delete that. Assuming that your computer is OK, then there is something in that production (at the start) that the program doesn't like.

Sorry that I wasn't as detailed as I needed to be. I really appreciate your replies.

I went to the bookstore and bought the manual last week. Anyway here goes...

One way that I have attempted to complete my project is....

*I have taken my saved vw production (it is saved as dmsm by default) and done an "Output as"

*then selected videofile, purpose all, ntsc, Mpeg-2 for dvd normal quality, and create video file.

*the result of this is 0 hr, 0 min, 0 sec, 0 frames

Another way I have tried is

*opened my saved vw production (it is saved as dmsm by default)

*sent it to "my dvd"

*clicked burn

*clicked burn to disk on burn project

*selected "save image file"

*selected burn

*after 10 minutes the overall progress show 0%, encoding 0%

My total project is no more than 15 minutes at this point.

i have emc8, windows xp on a dell inspiron 6000.

I would love to be able to complete my production for kindergarten graduation. My work (which i edited in videowave) consists of pics, video, text, and music. It will NOT render.... 0 hours, 0 mins, 0 secs.

I have windows xp and emc8 deluxe suite. Any ideas? I'm about to give up and I really don't want too.. I want to have the slideshow for my kinders and their parents.

There... I don't think I sound as desparate as I feel.

Help? Anyone? Thanks.

What happens if you click on the 'dvd' icon while in VW? Will MyDVD open and burn it?

You didn't give us much info. We need to know all the steps taken. In general, most will:

Edit in Videowave

Save project to .dmsm file

Open MyDVD 8

Add the .dmsm file that create a thumbnail

Edit the menu to customize

Click burn

At this point, I'm sure most will burn directly to disc

So you are saying, at this point, your project will not render at all? There are several other way to accomblish the same thing.

Instead of saving the Videowave project to .dmsm, you can 'output to file'. When Videowave is rendering to MPEG file and it stops, you can see where it stops in the timeline. Sometimes there maybe a transition or still image that causes problems.

And .... make sure your video card drivers and DirectX are up to date. We simply can not stress that enough.

Archived