Sound Editor: save 20 second mp3 @ < 100K?

wetcamelfood

Question

In the Sound Editor, I'm trying to save some 20 second mp3 clips to be under 100k in size, so I've selected mono, 64kbps (I know it would work if I could go down to 48kbps but it seems 64 is the lowest it'll go), 8kHz, 16 bits CBR and that gets me down to 144k but I can't seem to get any lower. Any ideas on how I can do this with C09? If not can anyone recommend any Visdta compatible software that will? I tried Adobe Audition 3 but I can't load it unless I uninstall all my other software first and I'm not doing that. I used to use Goldwave with XP but since I'm now on Vista I can't use it, my screen goes all squiggly, some friends have suggested my monitor resolution is wrong but everything else works fine so that can't be it and even if it is, it's a vicious circle, how do I reload GW & have time to change the setting before the screen goes squiggly and I have to reboot? Also I just spent what I have on a new tower and I'm not going to ruin it playing that game, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I don't know where else to try on this. Thanks in advance for the replies.

5 answers to this question

In the Sound Editor, I'm trying to save some 20 second mp3 clips to be under 100k in size, so I've selected mono, 64kbps (I know it would work if I could go down to 48kbps but it seems 64 is the lowest it'll go), 8kHz, 16 bits CBR and that gets me down to 144k but I can't seem to get any lower. Any ideas on how I can do this with C09? If not can anyone recommend any Visdta compatible software that will? I tried Adobe Audition 3 but I can't load it unless I uninstall all my other software first and I'm not doing that. I used to use Goldwave with XP but since I'm now on Vista I can't use it, my screen goes all squiggly, some friends have suggested my monitor resolution is wrong but everything else works fine so that can't be it and even if it is, it's a vicious circle, how do I reload GW & have time to change the setting before the screen goes squiggly and I have to reboot? Also I just spent what I have on a new tower and I'm not going to ruin it playing that game, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I don't know where else to try on this. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Seems like you narrowed the playing field so small that there may be no options.

Sound like you are tring to make ringtones? You just have to select a shorter segment of the muisc; your phone will repeat the ringtone more than once when somone calls.

Seems like you narrowed the playing field so small that there may be no options.

Sound like you are tring to make ringtones? You just have to select a shorter segment of the muisc; your phone will repeat the ringtone more than once when somone calls.

All I want to do is find something that works with Vista that will change the bitrate on an mp3 I rip from a CD to 48 kbps (so I can then edit that down to 20 seconds on the C09 Sound Editor). Any suggestions appreciated.

All I want to do is find something that works with Vista that will change the bitrate on an mp3 I rip from a CD to 48 kbps (so I can then edit that down to 20 seconds on the C09 Sound Editor). Any suggestions appreciated.

Do I hear an echo? Isn't that what you said in your first post? :angry:

Since you are not very talkative, I suggest this. It has worked for me on two different devices.

If that is not what you are trying to do, come back and give us more details.

CDex 1.51 Download for Windows NT series (NT, 2000, XP, Vista)

I have only used CDex 1.51 in XP, and I've never tried CDex 1.70 (Beta 2)...

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/?q=download

It is free....

cd

Do I hear an echo? Isn't that what you said in your first post? :angry:

Since you are not very talkative, I suggest this. It has worked for me on two different devices.

If that is not what you are trying to do, come back and give us more details.

Sorry, I was afraid I was saying too much first time around, therefore I thought you were saying I had too many stipulations so I thought I'd re-say it so everyone could throw in ideas. :)

I'm not making ringtones, 20 second mp3 clips for a website I work on (and the above 48kbps figures were the best I could do to keep the files under 100k which the owner of the site says the files have to be) but maybe I'll give this a try if you say this will do what I need it to do.

Thanks to cdanteek as well, I gues your suggestion will be my backup since my IT person at work says I should start with programs I can get on CD/DVD instead of downloads (sorry again I'm really a newbie at this stuff! :) )