• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD+R DL Simulation - Actually 'Created' Disc

sfsurfer

Question

I was backing up a movie onto a DL disc in my new dual core G5 (Apple OEM Burner Model HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4165B) with Toast 7 and ran into something very strange with the simulation mode. I selected simulation mode to test if the movie (VIDEO_TS) was OK to burn before wasting a Verbatim DL disc. I didn't think that it required a disc to use the simulation mode, but Toast kept asking for one, so I threw one into the drive. Toast ran through the whole process under simulation mode and then promptly ejected the disc at the end (without asking for verification, which I have it set to do when I burn a disc). When I put the disc back into the computer to burn the movie for real, Toast tells me that the DL disc is not blank. When I look at the disc, it definitely looks like something was written to the disc (when compared to other blank discs it looks like a fully written disc). However, the disc will not mount on several different computers and the computers think that it is a blank DVD+R DL (by opening Toast, which I have selected the computer to do). Any other disc (DVD+R DL, DVD-R or CD-R) that I've burned with this setup has no problems mounting on any computer. Any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious? Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived