• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burn multiple disks simultaneously

jeffreymb2

Question

I do not yet own the software. If there was a demo version I would download it right away.

I am considering building a custom CD duplication system. I have been told that EMC8 is capable of burning data to up to 99 disks simultaneously. I talked to the sales department and they didn't know very much about it, they told me to ask here.

Has anyone had any experience with burning the same data at the same time?

Any and all comments would be appreciated.

12 answers to this question

I agree with sknis. But to answer the original question, Easy Media Creator 8 has no limitation for how many burners it will burn simultaneosly. On the burn dialogue window you will be seeing all burners detected by your system and you can put check marks in front of all of them.

But I do not believe that most systems can realistically handle more than 4-5 burners at one time. (maybe up to 8 on one system if there is a lot of RAM -like 2 GB- and the fastest CPU, a lot of HDD space and it is dedicated - with only XP and Creator 8?)

Yes, works fine with my two DVD Burners. In the advanced Burn dialog box, you have a choice to 'check' which drive to burn to. They will only burn at the common speed. For example, I have a 4X Sony and a 16X Mad Dog. When I burn simutaneously, the discs will only burn at 4X.

Thanks for the reply.

I am burnings audio Cd's and maybe a few Data discs.

At this point I am planning to put in 16 drives. Before I go ahead and buy and put the system together I just want to be absolutely sure it will work.

If you could give me a link to a manual or some documentation that would be good. If not that, at least some testimonies of someone that has a similar situation as I have say that it works would be good.

You may want to rethink your idea. Although you can have over 100 USB devices connected at once through hubs, some bandwidth gets shared and slows down everything. You may not know what is causing the problems.

If you are going to do this professionally or for the church (tax deductible in the US), you may want to think about duplicators. For example, you can get a auto-loading (100 disc hopper) CD duplicator - 52X. for around $1200 (us) or one without the auto-feeder but with 7 writers for around $850. One with 10 writers is still under $1000. Unless you are buying very cheap drives and very cheap hubs, I think these prices are competitive. These would not tie up your computer nor rely on a program that probably has never been tried in your type of application.

Thanks for the reply.

I am burnings audio Cd's and maybe a few Data discs.

At this point I am planning to put in 16 drives. Before I go ahead and buy and put the system together I just want to be absolutely sure it will work.

If you could give me a link to a manual or some documentation that would be good. If not that, at least some testimonies of someone that has a similar situation as I have say that it works would be good.

For our application having a dedicated computer isn't a problem at all. In fact, the way that we are working our system, we need a dedicated computer any way. I am aware of standard duplicators.

What we are hoping to do is have all of our projects in .iso's and then burn them to Cd's. I am planning to have all of the drives internal.

As far as the bandwidth issues, that is my next big issue to resolve once I now if I can find some software to do it.

Has anyone tried what I am trying to do?

Thanks a lot.

For our application having a dedicated computer isn't a problem at all. In fact, the way that we are working our system, we need a dedicated computer any way. I am aware of standard duplicators.

What we are hoping to do is have all of our projects in .iso's and then burn them to Cd's. I am planning to have all of the drives internal.

As far as the bandwidth issues, that is my next big issue to resolve once I now if I can find some software to do it.

Thanks a lot.

I don't know how you many burners you can fit into your computer, but you will need one powerful PSU to run all of them. You need to do some calculations on the power requirements.

At this point I am thinking I will have to use two towers and maybe a couple PSU's in the system.

At this point I am mainly concerned about the software.

This may not the the right place to ask this...

...But does anyone know of any software that is designed for my application? :)

I think "sknis" gave you the best advice!

"For example, you can get a auto-loading (100 disc hopper) CD duplicator - 52X. for around $1200 (us) or one without the auto-feeder but with 7 writers for around $850. One with 10 writers is still under $1000"

Two burners on one IDE will cause a slow down or bad burns. I have seen 6 burners on 3 IDE with 2 each. A P4 at 3.2 and it slowed to 8x, 2 burned at 52x in Nero 7 that supports 7 burners. SCSI interfaces provide for faster data transmission rates and might be the way to go!

The largest Duplicator I have seen is 11 at 795.00. Forget USB, and the 16 burners is a stretch. Not that it might not work and could be done. The $'s would be more than buying the Duplicators.

cdanteek

At this point I am more concerned with the capabilities of the software. If I know that the software can do it, I can be fairly safe in saying that there is a good chance that the hardware can to.

Anyone know of any other software designed more exactly for the task?

If I know that the software can do it, I can be fairly safe in saying that there is a good chance that the hardware can to.

I see you want pre-chewed spoon-fed information. I know of no one that has wanted to put 16 burners in a PC and burn to at once. Not that no one has tried but you would have to find that other unique person and get advice.

Most would take "sknis" advice and buy the Duplicator!

Try disc juggler.

cdanteek

At this point I am more concerned with the capabilities of the software. If I know that the software can do it, I can be fairly safe in saying that there is a good chance that the hardware can to.

Anyone know of any other software designed more exactly for the task?

Use this to calculate your power requirements. Add about 10% to the final calculation for power.

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

If you do decide to go with EMC 8, remember to buy a copy for each of the computers you are going to be using. One license = one computer.

At this point I am thinking I will have to use two towers and maybe a couple PSU's in the system.

At this point I am mainly concerned about the software.

This may not the the right place to ask this...

...But does anyone know of any software that is designed for my application? :)

Archived