• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Failure to play after burning DVD

pam_mortensen

Question

Ok, here is an update, I doubled my Ram, uninstalled EMC 8 and reinstalled it. Still the same problem - can't read my DVD's on either my DVD player or computer! Here is a play by play of what I do:

1 - At main menu, select "Create DVD"

2 - Add New Movie, Edit Title and Background

3 - Click on "Burn" Icon

4 - Click "Burn", did not save Image file or select "Create folder set".

5 - Waited while project burned, encoding preview was normal.

6 - After complete, clicked "ok" and ejected disc. Disc "burned" when you look at the disc.

7 - Put disk in drive again, tried to read and got Error Message:

"Disk is not formatted. Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not copatible with Windows."

I have used 4 different brands of DVD's and wasted dozens! Can anyone please help me? Ask Roxanne was worthless.

Thank you.

Specs:

1.6 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4, 8 Kilobyte primary memory cach, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache,

200.03 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity, 107.28 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space, Memorex DVD+/-RW Dual-X1, 1024 Megabytes Installed Memory, Local Drive Volumes C: 39.99 GB, 17.83 GB free; E: 160.04 GB, 89.45 GB free.

4 answers to this question

Guest ivanatrox

1. try to create a disc image first then use Disc Copier to burn the disc image and see if it makes any difference.

2. what kind of media did you use?

3. try the disc you burned on a different computer and see if the same error message comes up.

Ivan

1. try to create a disc image first then use Disc Copier to burn the disc image and see if it makes any difference.

2. what kind of media did you use?

3. try the disc you burned on a different computer and see if the same error message comes up.

Ivan

I hate to sound stupid, but do you mean render the file first? If so, I did that.

I have used Imation DVD+R, TDK DVD+R, Fujifilm DVD-R, and Memorex DVD+RW all with the same results...this is getting expensive!

Yes, I have tried the DVD's on both my computer and my DH's laptop, as well as 3 different DVD players, all of which have played my Roxio DVD's in the past.

I realized that I had not tried any brand but the TDK DVD's after my reinstall. I have finally had success with the other brands! Man, this has been a long process.

Thanks you everyone for bearing with me during this nightmare! I still have no idea why the other disks would not burn before the reinstall but I am very happy they do now!

By the way, the only way I was able to reinstall was to copy the disk onto my hard drive and then install it from the hard drive file. For some reason it would not install directly from the disk.

At least I have new RAM storage out of this mess.

Archived