montagenyc

Clients PC can't read full file burned on a Dual Layer DVD from my Mac

Question

I created a 7.85GB WMV file and burned it to an 8.5GB Dual Layer DVD. I made sure the format was set to Mac & PC. After I burned the DVD I copied the file back to my Mac to make sure it worked properly. It appeared as a 7.85 gig file on my computer. The problem is my clients computer reads the files as only 2 something gigs and only plays the movie up to 8 minutes out of a total of 29. I burned this on another DVD to check and check it out on my office mate’s computer, same problem. Can anyone help me out? Thanks,

Jimmy

My system

G5 4x 2.5 Ghz PowerPC

6.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM

OSX 10.4.6

Hl-dt-st-DVD-RW-GWA-4165B

6 answers to this question

Guest ivanatrox

if you try to create the disc in DVD-ROM (UDF) format, do you have the same issue?

Ivan

if you try to create the disc in DVD-ROM (UDF) format, do you have the same issue?

Ivan

Going to try that now. I hope it works out. Thanks.

Jimmy

Most PCs (maybe all, I am a bit rusty in Windows) cant read files over 2GB. It wont matter how you burn the Disc if that is the problem you are running into.

I had a similar problem but nothing showed up on m y customers PC. It doesn't help my struggling business.

Please provide some details. What kind of disc were you burning? What were the Toast settings you used? What brand of media did you use?

UDF format will allow over 2GB for a single file. Toast 8 now also has a way to create a Mac/PC hybrid that can support over 2GB files also.