There are no supported recorders available.

I recently purchased roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. I have used an older version at a friends place in the past, and did not think that I would have any problems with this once I installed it. However after intalling this version, once I am ready to burn the disc (having already downloaded and imported my mp3 files to the project) I click on Burn and this message comes up and will not allow me to go any further.

"There are no supported recorders available. Make sure that your recorder is powered on and that all cables are properly connected. Also,make sure the latest version of the software is installed to ensure you have the latest drivers." If anyone knows what I am doing wrong and can help me I would greatly appreciate it :) I am stuck.

I recently purchased roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. I have used an older version at a friends place in the past, and did not think that I would have any problems with this once I installed it. However after intalling this version, once I am ready to burn the disc (having already downloaded and imported my mp3 files to the project) I click on Burn and this message comes up and will not allow me to go any further.

"There are no supported recorders available. Make sure that your recorder is powered on and that all cables are properly connected. Also,make sure the latest version of the software is installed to ensure you have the latest drivers." If anyone knows what I am doing wrong and can help me I would greatly appreciate it :) I am stuck.

Without any clues as to what the id string of the burner is, we are stuck too.

Go look at FREQUENT ANSWERS (pinned to the top of the board) and come back with enough information for us to make some educated guesses.

Lynn

king' date='May 18 2006, 05:51 PM' post='28613']

To add to lynn's post:

The message you got says "There are no supported recorders available. Make sure that your recorder is powered on and that all cables are properly connected. Also,make sure the latest version of the software is installed to ensure you have the latest drivers." .....

Did you check the Software Updates (left side of this page) to see if the version you have installed, is the latest version. This may not solve your problem but its a good place to start.

Without any clues as to what the id string of the burner is, we are stuck too.

Go look at FREQUENT ANSWERS (pinned to the top of the board) and come back with enough information for us to make some educated guesses.

Lynn

How would I find out what the id string of the burner is? :)

How would I find out what the id string of the burner is? :)

In the FREQUENT ANSWERS post is the following.............

"tell us your drive identifier - to get the ID string, right-click on the "my computer" icon, go to "properties" at the bottom of the menu, the hardware tab, then Device Manager, then click on the + alongside the CDROM icon".

In the FREQUENT ANSWERS post is the following.............

"tell us your drive identifier - to get the ID string, right-click on the "my computer" icon, go to "properties" at the bottom of the menu, the hardware tab, then Device Manager, then click on the + alongside the CDROM icon".

Great, I found it. (MITSUMI CR-48x5TE) Thank you very much. How can that help?

Great, I found it. (MITSUMI CR-48x5TE) Thank you very much. How can that help?

Well, it is definately a CD-RW (eliminating the easy answer that it is only a CD-ROM), and the drive has been recognized since version 4.02e, so it should be recognized.

This suggests either there is some other program interferring (do you have any other music or burning applications?), or there is a problem with the installation.

So I'd suggest uninstalling it via Windows add/remove, using Roxizap to get rid of the leftover bits & pieces, and reinstall. Roxizap is at http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

BTW - I was using ECDC 4, and when I got a (relatively) new burner I got V.6 just in case V.4 didn't recognize the new burner. Well, V.4 didn't recognize the new burner, but apparently V.6 was totally rebuilt, and I went back to eBay and got ECDC 5, with which I replaced V.6. ECDC 5 is still available on eBay, but getting scarce. (I had bought V.6 because the price was better than V.5, but I think there was a reason for that ...)

Lynn

• 2 months later...

I am having a similar problem. I purchased a KHypermedia CD Burner (maybe not a gooe choice) It works fine with programs like Musicmatch. The problem with MM is that it doesn't have some of the features on it that Creator 6 does, such as the crossfade transitions and some other things. The CD burner lists in the program as an ATAPI 48 X 24 X 48. It is in there, but I get that same error message. Is there a way to get this burner to work with Creator 6 or am I just screwed. I'd rather not buy a new burner if it can be helped. What other information do you need and where will I find it?

Do you have the latest update to V6 (depending on what verson you have)?Have you updated the firmware on your drive?Check these things first.

And you really should have started a new thread.This one is almost 3 months old.

Do you have the latest update to V6 (depending on what verson you have)?Have you updated the firmware on your drive?Check these things first.

And you really should have started a new thread.This one is almost 3 months old.

Starting a new thread is not encouraged in the FAQ section, but that is another subject. I did download the available updates and installed them to no avail. I have also contacted the manufacturer and they recommended, so far, using Nero Express, which is an inferior program that lacks the program options that I enjoy in Easy Creator. I'm just wondering if there is a fix out there that others might have found with this same CD Burner.

Starting a new thread is not encouraged in the FAQ section, but that is another subject. I did download the available updates and installed them to no avail. I have also contacted the manufacturer and they recommended, so far, using Nero Express, which is an inferior program that lacks the program options that I enjoy in Easy Creator. I'm just wondering if there is a fix out there that others might have found with this same CD Burner.

You may have read somewhere in a FAQ that it is not a good idea to start a new thread, but in your case I think this is a good idea.

So PLEASE start a new thread.

First, we have no idea what version you have. tell us what version of Easy CD & DVD Creator you have ( read this http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=802 )

You say you downloaded the available updates, can we assume you got the right ones, you did not say what you downloaded or from where.

You say you contacted the manufacture, (the manufacturer of WHAT)

Telling us you have a ATAPI 48 X 24 X 48.means nothing (thats like saying I have a car, its a Ford) tell us the driver id - to get the ID string, right-click on the "my computer" icon, go to "properties" at the bottom of the menu, the hardware tab, then Device Manager, then click on the + alongside the CDROM icon.

Try to to provide us with as much detail as possible, we dont even know what Operating system you are using

And I quote from the FAQ:

"If the posting is months old and hasn't been answered, it might be better to start a new thread - it may be that when you've given us the information we need, we will consider it a different problem."

The free Version of Nero you got with the burner is a Basic or "Light" Version.

If you were to BUY Nero, you'd get all the bells and whistles.

If the problem is that the burner is going bad, Nero won't work any better.

Lynn

Well, it is definately a CD-RW (eliminating the easy answer that it is only a CD-ROM), and the drive has been recognized since version 4.02e, so it should be recognized.

This suggests either there is some other program interferring (do you have any other music or burning applications?), or there is a problem with the installation.

So I'd suggest uninstalling it via Windows add/remove, using Roxizap to get rid of the leftover bits & pieces, and reinstall. Roxizap is at http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

BTW - I was using ECDC 4, and when I got a (relatively) new burner I got V.6 just in case V.4 didn't recognize the new burner. Well, V.4 didn't recognize the new burner, but apparently V.6 was totally rebuilt, and I went back to eBay and got ECDC 5, with which I replaced V.6. ECDC 5 is still available on eBay, but getting scarce. (I had bought V.6 because the price was better than V.5, but I think there was a reason for that ...)

Lynn

You da man, Lynn!

I was having the same problem as the one who started this post, where I couldn't get EZCD&DVDCR ver. 6 to recognize my drives. I must have tried 3 times uninstalling and reinstalling the program after trying different ways to remove files, but all this without success. Then I tried using roxizap.exe as you suggested above and walla that fixed it!!!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

You da man, Lynn!

I was having the same problem as the one who started this post, where I couldn't get EZCD&DVDCR ver. 6 to recognize my drives. I must have tried 3 times uninstalling and reinstalling the program after trying different ways to remove files, but all this without success. Then I tried using roxizap.exe as you suggested above and walla that fixed it!!!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

You're welcome, but it's standard issue - in fact, it's in the Frequent Answers post attached to the top of the Forum. You might also find some other interesting bits in it.

Lynn

Archived