installation problem

gsbyers

Question

has any one had the problem of installing "easy cd&dvd burning (red box) on a computer using "windows 2000 professional" version? i have the service pack 4 installed as suggested but installation of roxio is interupted by "error code 0001". i had been using "nero 7" which came with my dvd burner ; could this be a registry conflict? i'm having trouble even finding out what "error code 0001" is. any ideas or help??

4 answers to this question

V6 was NEVER intended for the NT platform or Servers!!!

That is why it is omitted from the Requirements on the box.

I think a couple of people claimed they got it to run, but when pressed it was only one or 2 of the programs or they never answered :lol:

Windows 2000 Professional isn't a server version. I ran from ECDC 5 up to Easy Media Creator 9 (skipping version 6, actually) on Window 2K Pro without a problem, so I would expect version 6 ought to work.

However, I might suggest going up to SP6a to see if that makes any difference in how the installation works.

Hope that helps!

has any one had the problem of installing "easy cd&dvd burning (red box) on a computer using "windows 2000 professional" version? i have the service pack 4 installed as suggested but installation of roxio is interupted by "error code 0001". i had been using "nero 7" which came with my dvd burner ; could this be a registry conflict? i'm having trouble even finding out what "error code 0001" is. any ideas or help??

V6 was NEVER intended for the NT platform or Servers!!!

That is why it is omitted from the Requirements on the box.

I think a couple of people claimed they got it to run, but when pressed it was only one or 2 of the programs or they never answered :lol:

Archived