• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Garbled video & sound

Jazimews

Question

I only just bought this software. I've been trying to transfer my vhs video to my mac so that i can then burn to dvd. Each time I transfer the vhs to mac using the software/device when i try to play it through either quicktime, or Imovie - which it won't always recognise anyway, it doesn't play properly - it is as if the picture and sound are both in fast forward and the sound is all garbled. I did burn it to DVD to see if it righted itself, but it didn't and I've wasted a DVD.

When recording the video to my mac via this device I can hear the sound perfectly OK, but the picture freezes - is this normal?

I've noticed that although the video I'm recording is 63 minutes long and even though it plays all the way through, when it has been recorded using the software it only shows as 22 minutes 35 seconds long. It seems to have compressed it and because of this it won't play properly. I've looked at the help files but can't seem to see an answer - can you help please and fix this problem.

I've tried 3 or 4 times now, and each time the result is the same. I'm very frustrated with it.

I have emailed customer support, but although I've had an acknowledgment I've not had an answer yet.

Can anyone help please.

Thank you.

Oh my Mac is a 2ghz powerpc G5 and I'm running OS 10.5.7 with Imovie 08 and version 1.0.2 of Easy VHS to DVD. (I think they've called this the wrong name as it is NOT easy!).

1 answer to this question

I only just bought this software. I've been trying to transfer my vhs video to my mac so that i can then burn to dvd. Each time I transfer the vhs to mac using the software/device when i try to play it through either quicktime, or Imovie - which it won't always recognise anyway, it doesn't play properly - it is as if the picture and sound are both in fast forward and the sound is all garbled. I did burn it to DVD to see if it righted itself, but it didn't and I've wasted a DVD.

When recording the video to my mac via this device I can hear the sound perfectly OK, but the picture freezes - is this normal?

I've noticed that although the video I'm recording is 63 minutes long and even though it plays all the way through, when it has been recorded using the software it only shows as 22 minutes 35 seconds long. It seems to have compressed it and because of this it won't play properly. I've looked at the help files but can't seem to see an answer - can you help please and fix this problem.

I've tried 3 or 4 times now, and each time the result is the same. I'm very frustrated with it.

I have emailed customer support, but although I've had an acknowledgment I've not had an answer yet.

Can anyone help please.

Thank you.

Oh my Mac is a 2ghz powerpc G5 and I'm running OS 10.5.7 with Imovie 08 and version 1.0.2 of Easy VHS to DVD. (I think they've called this the wrong name as it is NOT easy!).

I've given up and am sending it back!

Archived