Works with Ipod/Sirius?

Ryno022604

Question

Hey forum-

I am new to Roxio and am hoping I can find an answer. I have music on my ipod and I am wondering if there is a way to get that music on to Creator. Creator 09 comes with a RCA input cable that then hooks into the provided USB. Is there a cable out there that will hook into the headphone jack and output RCA that I can then plug into the device that Creator provides? I also have Sirius radio and have stored songs on my sirius device. It also has the headphone jack, will it work for it as well? Will I have to buy the headphone to rca cable, and is it the only way to do this?

Also, I have a Mac laptop, will it work with MAC?

Thanks for your help!

Ryan

4 answers to this question

I'd also like to add to sknis's reply,

The iPod is a "read only" device. It was designed to let you put songs onto the device, but not take them off. There are third party software applications that let you take the songs off your iPod.

Circumventing DRM protection is unlawful. Some parts of the industry have dropped DRM on downloads but those already containing DRM are stuck with it.

You can mount your iPOD as a storage device and therefore use it as a read and write device. There as utilities that will allow you to move iPod music back and forth between your PC and the iPOD using the iPOD's usb cable.

Hey forum-

I am new to Roxio and am hoping I can find an answer. I have music on my ipod and I am wondering if there is a way to get that music on to Creator. Creator 09 comes with a RCA input cable that then hooks into the provided USB. Is there a cable out there that will hook into the headphone jack and output RCA that I can then plug into the device that Creator provides? I also have Sirius radio and have stored songs on my sirius device. It also has the headphone jack, will it work for it as well? Will I have to buy the headphone to rca cable, and is it the only way to do this?

Also, I have a Mac laptop, will it work with MAC?

Thanks for your help!

Ryan

I don't have either of those devices but didn't they come with a USB wire to connect the device to your computer (perhaps also to charge the device)? ( I have a Blackjack II phone and a Zen player and they both did.) Use that USB cable. No need to use the USB capture device or the earphone jack. When you plug the IPod or the Sirius device into your computer, you computer should see the device as a plain old external USB device.

If you bought the music for either of those devices via download, check to see if they are DRM protected. If they are, you cannot use them. No one here will tell you how to circumvent the DRM protection.

Archived