EMC8 on Thinkpad T23

jhcrowman

Question

I purchased EMC 8. I am using an IBM Thinkpad T23 (about 3 yrs old). I just reloaded XP with the latest drivers and software updates. When I attempt to install the product, XP gives me a blue screen that only stays up about 3 seconds, then reboots. I've attempted the install 3 different times with the same result. After the reboot, XP sends the file to Microsoft, but the resulting web page says there is no solution to the error. I called visio tech support and got no real help except the explanation that perhaps it's due to an outdated video driver. As I said, I have the latest drivers from IBM's site (S3 built-in graphics card), even though it is several years old.

Has anybody had any success installing on a Thinkpad?

Are there any files left on the drive that would explain what XP is having a problem with?

Based on my research, I'd prefer EMC to Nero's product, but may end up with Nero if I can't get EMC to load. Thanks in advance for any info.

4 answers to this question

I purchased EMC 8. I am using an IBM Thinkpad T23 (about 3 yrs old). I just reloaded XP with the latest drivers and software updates. When I attempt to install the product, XP gives me a blue screen that only stays up about 3 seconds, then reboots. I've attempted the install 3 different times with the same result. After the reboot, XP sends the file to Microsoft, but the resulting web page says there is no solution to the error. I called visio tech support and got no real help except the explanation that perhaps it's due to an outdated video driver. As I said, I have the latest drivers from IBM's site (S3 built-in graphics card), even though it is several years old.

Has anybody had any success installing on a Thinkpad?

Are there any files left on the drive that would explain what XP is having a problem with?

Based on my research, I'd prefer EMC to Nero's product, but may end up with Nero if I can't get EMC to load. Thanks in advance for any info.

List the specs of that computer. The video card does not meet minimum specs.

See Neil's post. Your computer will not run this software.

List the specs of that computer. The video card does not meet minimum specs.

Here you go bruce...

The ThinkPad T23 features:

Intel Mobile Pentium III Processor-M at 866MHz (1), 1.13GHz, 1.0GHz or 1.2GHz with 512KB onboard cache, depending on model

Sleek profile and light weight

Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional, or Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, depending on model

133MHz front-side system bus with 133MHz memory modules

128MB or 256MB of memory is standard, depending on model, expandable to 1.0GB

S-Video out port (TV out) on all models

15, 20, 30, 48 or 60GB (2) hard disk drive and 30GB for selected Korean systems

Integrated 802.11b wireless, v.90 modem (3), Ethernet, and/or Secure Chip, depending on model

Enhanced graphics enabling multiple monitor (4) support

8x-3.3x DVD (5) drive, 24x-10x CD-ROM drive, 8x4x24x maximum CD-RW drive, or 4x4x24x/6x DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive,depending on model

Advanced system manageability

Or this one

1.13-GHz/733-MHz Pentium III-M, 256MB of SDRAM, 512KB L2 cache, Windows 2000, 14.1-inch active-matrix screen, S3 SuperSavage/IXC SDR graphics with 16MB of SDRAM, 48GB hard drive, 8X DVD-ROM drive, built-in V.90 modem and network adapter, eraserhead pointing device, 6.5 pounds (including AC adapter and phone cord); Lotus SmartSuite Millennium Edition.

Here you go bruce...

The ThinkPad T23 features:

Intel Mobile Pentium III Processor-M at 866MHz (1), 1.13GHz, 1.0GHz or 1.2GHz with 512KB onboard cache, depending on model

Sleek profile and light weight

Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional, or Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, depending on model

133MHz front-side system bus with 133MHz memory modules

128MB or 256MB of memory is standard, depending on model, expandable to 1.0GB

S-Video out port (TV out) on all models

15, 20, 30, 48 or 60GB (2) hard disk drive and 30GB for selected Korean systems

Integrated 802.11b wireless, v.90 modem (3), Ethernet, and/or Secure Chip, depending on model

Enhanced graphics enabling multiple monitor (4) support

8x-3.3x DVD (5) drive, 24x-10x CD-ROM drive, 8x4x24x maximum CD-RW drive, or 4x4x24x/6x DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive,depending on model

Advanced system manageability

Or this one

1.13-GHz/733-MHz Pentium III-M, 256MB of SDRAM, 512KB L2 cache, Windows 2000, 14.1-inch active-matrix screen, S3 SuperSavage/IXC SDR graphics with 16MB of SDRAM, 48GB hard drive, 8X DVD-ROM drive, built-in V.90 modem and network adapter, eraserhead pointing device, 6.5 pounds (including AC adapter and phone cord); Lotus SmartSuite Millennium Edition.

We have a saying here, in the U.S. That (those) dog(s) won't hunt.

Archived