• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

All sorts of problems.

zoominternet

Question

1. When capturing video directly from the VCR, I save it as "General Purpose Editing/Better Quality". When I preview the video after it's done, it's very jumpy, kind of skipping frames. It's very noticable. I even put it in the "Timeline" and viewed it, it was the same way. This didn't happen when I imported videos I saved previously to a DVD.

2. Sometimes the music will cut off mid-song and the tape audio will still be playing. Also sometimes the audio is gone altogether. The original audio for the video is not always synched. I've got no clue why it's doing that.

3. I tried burning what I had to a DVD+RW, 4.7 gb. It went through the steps and the program put the file in my "temp" folder. It didn't burn it to the DVD+RW. I retried it and I would put the disc in the re-writable drive, not the DVD drive, but it was telling me to insert the DVD like it wan't recognizing one was actually there. Side note: The lower corner of the screen said "Estimated 356 MG Over". Does that mean the file was to large and to get 8.5 gb DVD's.

I am using the EMC 8 and this is my first time doing anything like this.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Lets see, I'm not the most computer savvy person but, I know some things about it.

It's your standard issue Dell Demension 8300 from about 3 years ago.

Pentium 4

Windows XP

HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B

Samsung CD-R/RW SW-248F

74.4 GB (55.5 GB available space)

Lets see, I'm not the most computer savvy person but, I know some things about it.

It's your standard issue Dell Demension 8300 from about 3 years ago.

Pentium 4

Windows XP

HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B

Samsung CD-R/RW SW-248F

74.4 GB (55.5 GB available space)

Neither drive you listed is capable of burning a DVD…

Okay, I got the DVD recorder thing fixed. I am going to be upgrading from 512 mb of RAM to 2 GB of RAM this week to help Creator 8 run faster. In a couple weeks I will upgrade to 4 GB of RAM again. Depending of how that does, I may upgrade my video card. I am hoping the RAM upgrade will fix the audio problem. If not I will replace my NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 with the NVIDIA GeForce7900GTX. They have two models of it though. The eVGA and the XFX. I am thinking the eVGA but, would anyone recommend the XFX.

I think upgrading the video card would help the most and upgrade that first. Adding more memory may not help EMC8 as much, but it would help WinXP run better in general. The video card would directly affect how Videowave and MyDVD work since they can take advantage of better video cards.

eVGA and XFX are different companies that just happen to use the nVidia chipsets. My favorite brand is PNY. I had a PNY video card that was almost 2 yr old that the GPU went dead and they replaced it for free. I've purchased two other PNY video cards since that time. The PNY cards will also use the standard nVidia drivers from nVidia.

1. When capturing video directly from the VCR, I save it as "General Purpose Editing/Better Quality". When I preview the video after it's done, it's very jumpy, kind of skipping frames. It's very noticable. I even put it in the "Timeline" and viewed it, it was the same way. This didn't happen when I imported videos I saved previously to a DVD.

2. Sometimes the music will cut off mid-song and the tape audio will still be playing. Also sometimes the audio is gone altogether. The original audio for the video is not always synched. I've got no clue why it's doing that.

3. I tried burning what I had to a DVD+RW, 4.7 gb. It went through the steps and the program put the file in my "temp" folder. It didn't burn it to the DVD+RW. I retried it and I would put the disc in the re-writable drive, not the DVD drive, but it was telling me to insert the DVD like it wan't recognizing one was actually there. Side note: The lower corner of the screen said "Estimated 356 MG Over". Does that mean the file was to large and to get 8.5 gb DVD's.

I am using the EMC 8 and this is my first time doing anything like this.

Thanks

Hi zoominternet,

Can you place a bit of info on your computer in here, IE: Make ,Model,OS, Service pack,DVD unit, Video card? ect ect ect, as it is hard to diagnose issues with setups without it..

after that is posted, users here can try to work out this fault.

regards

Archived