• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 2009

Darlene1234

Question

The Roxio Creator 2009 program always wants to update when I start it up. Then it says "the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the "Roxio update manager" disk and click ok." Then it says, use source etc. Except, this was strickly a download. I have no disk. I click cancel and it keeps cycling wanting to run the update manager. I finally have to go to the task manager cancel the process every time. I've unchecked the "check for updates" at start up of application but didn't help. How do I stop this, and how to I update the program since there is no disk.

4 answers to this question

I have the download in my download files.Is that what you mean? I have trouble making DISKS on my computer. I've got a pretty good computer, but it's operator error I'm sure. :-)

I've actually found the download file.I'm going to try and install again and see what happens. I'll let you know,. Thank you sknis. Darlene

The Roxio Creator 2009 program always wants to update when I start it up. Then it says "the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the "Roxio update manager" disk and click ok." Then it says, use source etc. Except, this was strickly a download. I have no disk. I click cancel and it keeps cycling wanting to run the update manager. I finally have to go to the task manager cancel the process every time. I've unchecked the "check for updates" at start up of application but didn't help. How do I stop this, and how to I update the program since there is no disk.

NO DISC? :blink: You should always make a copy of any download you need. Do you have a choice to point to a file on your hard drive?

Archived