• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Microsoft Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor Beta

The Highlander

So you have seen the posts on Vista here, and you have seen all the posts on the system requirements.

Well now you don't need to worry anymore, use the Microsoft Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor tool and find out if your system will handle it.

Microsoft Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor Beta

The Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor is a small beta application that you can run on your current Windows XP-based computer to find out if it's ready for an upgrade to Windows Vista. When you run the Upgrade Advisor, it will scan your computer and generate an easy-to-understand report of any known system and device compatibility issues, along with recommendations on how you can get your PC ready for Windows Vista. Microsoft plans to add functionality to Upgrade Advisor, such as checking how your software applications will run with Windows Vista. Download the beta version today and check this site in a few months for a new version.

Before You Begin

Before you begin the process of finding out if your PC is ready for Windows Vista, please be sure to plug in any USB or other attachable peripheral devices (such as printers, external hard drives, or scanners) that are regularly used with the PC you're evaluating.

(Download it from here free)

Guest mlpasley

I ran it from the link in the other post and I'm not impressed.

They say I can use the "core services" of Vista despite the fact that they have no drivers for my i/o controller, usb controller or network adapters.

And they recommend that the "Windows Vista Ultimate appears to be the edition that is right for you" despite the fact that my laptop will not support most of the new features.

I wonder what you have to do to fail?

Well, I thought I would down load this advisor and see what it told me. But when you go to their site it advises that the "Vista Upgrade Advisor" is "temporarily" not available. And asks that you try again later.

Well what's new ?---We just have to make a few adjustments before we can really tell you what you need. :):huh::D Shoot, I really wasn't that interested anyway :D

Frank....

Archived