Encoding an MPG or AVI file to create a movie DVD

GT30

Question

:huh:

Friends, I would appreciate any assistance with this glitch, and I thank you in advance.

Here is the situation:

For years now I have been burning DVDs using Roxio's MY DVD LE, I know it's an old program, but I have gotten used to the format and the simplicity, and I like it more than my other more elaborate programs.

Recently due to a viral infection I had to reformat my hard drive, and when trying to reinstall the program I get a screen saying at registration that the registration period has expired and would not let me proceed to use the program.

If I restore the program from a back up, then it just hangs at encoding the movie, and no matter how much time I allow, it just stays there, not frozen ,mind you, just not doing anything.

I am faily proficient with computers and so far nothing has worked for me, any ideas?

Thanks again!

GT30

The best email to contact me directly is XXXXXXXXXXX since some times I do not visit the forum every day.

(Email address removed (you don't want any spammers getting your address).

1 answer to this question

:huh:

Friends, I would appreciate any assistance with this glitch, and I thank you in advance.

Here is the situation:

For years now I have been burning DVDs using Roxio's MY DVD LE, I know it's an old program, but I have gotten used to the format and the simplicity, and I like it more than my other more elaborate programs.

Recently due to a viral infection I had to reformat my hard drive, and when trying to reinstall the program I get a screen saying at registration that the registration period has expired and would not let me proceed to use the program.

If I restore the program from a back up, then it just hangs at encoding the movie, and no matter how much time I allow, it just stays there, not frozen ,mind you, just not doing anything.

I am faily proficient with computers and so far nothing has worked for me, any ideas?

Thanks again!

GT30

The best email to contact me directly is xxxxxxxxxxx since some times I do not visit the forum every day.

Have a look at this old post (it may help you) http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=8293

I removed your email address.

Archived