Roxio PhotoShow 5, 6 and my Member Page

LAC

Question

I'm very frustrated with this upgade. I purchased PhotoShow 5 and 6 but cannot get them to upload my photos to my member page. Every time I upload I get "Error Code 402". I've contacted support multiple times and no one is able to help me figure out the problem. When I'm in PhotoShow 5 I can personalize, but can't share or upload. When I'm in PhotoShow 6 I cannot personalize and I have multiple shows just sitting there from a prior (PhotoShow 2) version that won't upload. When I try to upload or share it appears it is working (the little camera is in the task bar with up arrows, but always showing 0% uploaded). Then it times out apparently and says the show failed to upload, Error Code 402.

No one in support knows what that is.

I have disabled my firewall, installed and used ccleaner, defragged, I've done everything except walk these photos to my recipients personally. I am not able to get DSL in my area, but I've had PhotoShow2 and never had this problem until I upgraded.

Anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks for any input.

5 answers to this question

Thank you, it uploaded and shared the photoshow from the link you provided. Very strange.

Now, should I still uninstall ps5 and reinstall from my member page? And will my photoshows be there, as they are not now.

Thanks for your help.

Yvette

Don't know. They should be there unless you transferred from a different owner of PhotoShow - Nero or Comcast for example. Go to the top of the page and click on support and then support home. In the box simply type in PhotoShow and you'll get several possible scenarios.

You have nothing to lose if you reinstall PhotoShow 5. I would first check Windows Add/Remove programs to see if there is a repair function for PhotoShow 5. If not, You can remove it, download it and then re-install it. Clean and defrag your computer. Turn off your anti-virus when you reinstall or repair.

I am paid premium member and I am getting upload failed, error 403. Can not upload photoshow. Help

and while I'm on the subject, when I indstalled photoshow 6, it over took my photoshow 5 and wiped it out. I had to reinstall 5, but now there are no photoshows in it, there are all in 6. What's up with that.

So far I am not liking 6.

Paid member

I am paid premium member and I am getting upload failed, error 403. Can not upload photoshow. Help

and while I'm on the subject, when I indstalled photoshow 6, it over took my photoshow 5 and wiped it out. I had to reinstall 5, but now there are no photoshows in it, there are all in 6. What's up with that.

So far I am not liking 6.

Paid member

Yvette, you have eror code 403 whihc is not the same as error code 402.

Somehow your address link to the web site got screwed up because of the, perhaps faulity, install. You may want to uninstall both programs and then reinstall them. Make sure you do not have any malware ot viruses on your computer, that you have a lot of free space on your hard drive and do the reinstall with your anti-virus off.

The same source as above says this:

Fixing 403 errors - general

You first need to confirm if you have encountered a "No directory browsing" problem. You can see this if the URL ends in a slash '/' rather than the name of a specific Web page (e.g. .htm or .html). If this is your problem, then you have no option but to access individual Web pages for that Web site directly.

It is possible that there should be some content in the directory, but there is none there yet. For example if your ISP offers a 'Home Page' then you need to provide some content - usually HTML files - for the Home Page directory that your ISP assigns to you. Until the content is there, anyone trying to access your Home Page could encounter a 403 error. The solution is to upload the missing content - directly yourself or by providing it to your ISP. Once the content is in the directory, it also needs to be authorised for public access via the Internet. Your ISP should do this as a matter of course - if they do not, then they have missed a no-brainer step.

If the entire Web site is actually secured in some way (is not open at all to casual Internet users), then an 401 - Not authorized message could be expected. It is possible, but unlikely, that the Web server issues an 403 message instead.

Some Web servers may also issue an 403 error if they at one time hosted the site, but now no longer do so and can not or will not provide a redirection to a new URL. In this case it is not unusual for the 403 error to be returned instead of a more helpful error. So if you have recently changed any aspect of your Web site setup (e.g. switched ISPs), then a 403 message is a possibility. Obviously this message should disappear in time - typically within a week or two - as the Internet catches up with whatever change you have made.

If you think that the Web URL *should* be accessible to all and sundry on the Internet and you have not recently changed anything fundamental in your Web site setup, then an 403 message indicates a deeper problem. The first thing you can do is check the URL via a Web browser. This browser should be running on a computer to which you have never previously identified yourself in any way, and you should avoid authentication (passwords etc.) that you have used previously. Ideally all this should be done over a completely different Internet connection to any you have used before (e.g. a different ISP dial-up connection). In short, you are trying to get the same behaviour a total stranger would get if they surfed the Internet to the Web page URL.

If this type of browser check indicates no authority problems, then it is possible that the Web server (or surrounding systems) have been configured to disallow certain patterns of HTTP traffic. In other words, HTTP communication from a well-known Web browser is allowed, but automated communication from other systems is rejected with an 403 error code. This is unusual, but may indicate a very defensive security policy around the Web server.

That is probably a lot of technical jargon that may not be of any help. What I think it says is that your "link" to the web site has become corrupted. Can you get to the web site via another link? Try this

Look for a resolution of your issue here.

If you can't find one, call CleverBridge when they are open.

I'm very frustrated with this upgade. I purchased PhotoShow 5 and 6 but cannot get them to upload my photos to my member page. Every time I upload I get "Error Code 402". I've contacted support multiple times and no one is able to help me figure out the problem. When I'm in PhotoShow 5 I can personalize, but can't share or upload. When I'm in PhotoShow 6 I cannot personalize and I have multiple shows just sitting there from a prior (PhotoShow 2) version that won't upload. When I try to upload or share it appears it is working (the little camera is in the task bar with up arrows, but always showing 0% uploaded). Then it times out apparently and says the show failed to upload, Error Code 402.

No one in support knows what that is.

I have disabled my firewall, installed and used ccleaner, defragged, I've done everything except walk these photos to my recipients personally. I am not able to get DSL in my area, but I've had PhotoShow2 and never had this problem until I upgraded.

Anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks for any input.

Have the people at Smartbridge check your membership status. Try logging in directly rather than from the program. This is the link; go to log in at the top of the page.

The error code is : 402 Access forbidden (payment required).

Information provided by : Mach 5 Analyzer.

Success (or Error) Codes

A list of the error codes most frequently returned by web servers.

Also check with your internet provider to see if it is a problem with their servers.

Archived