Eric Chacra

Mount sd2f file without contextual menu

Question

Hello,

I would like to mount a Sd2f file created by Toast with the same result as the contextual menu "Mount it" but by just doing a double-click on the file. Is this possible ?

Many thanks.

Eric

4 answers to this question

Nope. If you double-click on the file it will open QuickTime (or iTunes) and play as a single audio track.

With Toast 10.0.2 and Leopard, I was able to mount .sd2f files created by Toast "Save as disc image" by right-clic and Mount It item of the pop-up menu. Since the Snow Leopard upgrade, Mount It did not worked.

With Toast 10.0.3 update, this was supposed to be fixed. Mount It now does indeed work with .toast files, but still I am unable to mount .sd2f files. You experience the same? This is a regression! Roxio should fix this! Any idea how to mount a .sd2f file under Snow Leopard?

QUOTE (Francois B @ Oct 27 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With Toast 10.0.2 and Leopard, I was able to mount .sd2f files created by Toast "Save as disc image" by right-clic and Mount It item of the pop-up menu. Since the Snow Leopard upgrade, Mount It did not worked.

With Toast 10.0.3 update, this was supposed to be fixed. Mount It now does indeed work with .toast files, but still I am unable to mount .sd2f files. You experience the same? This is a regression! Roxio should fix this! Any idea how to mount a .sd2f file under Snow Leopard?

I think it is odd that you want to mount an .sd2f file in the Finder. However, it still can be done by selecting it with the Mount Disc Image command in Toast's Utilities menu. Send feedback to Roxio (via link in the Help menu) that you want Mount It to recognize .sd2f files in the Finder as disc images.

You do know that choosing Toast It opens the .sd2f file in the Toast Audio window where it can be played with the Toast player. That way the track names appear.

I think it is odd that you want to mount an .sd2f file in the Finder.

I backed up a lot of CDs with Toast over the years. Mounting them is very handy to play them back in iTunes, or rip them in iTunes if needed, with all the tracks still separated.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.