captering video

tillier

Question

:)

Ihave a sony digital 8 model trv140 video camera and I saw somewhere before that they were running the VCR signal into the camera to get a digital signal and then into the adapter to the computer. I have no problem from the adapter to the computer.I am unable to find a connecting cable from the VCR to my camera,can anyone help me on this ?

4 answers to this question

:)

Ihave a sony digital 8 model trv140 video camera and I saw somewhere before that they were running the VCR signal into the camera to get a digital signal and then into the adapter to the computer. I have no problem from the adapter to the computer.I am unable to find a connecting cable from the VCR to my camera,can anyone help me on this ?

Yup, the owner's manual of your VCR and Sony digital camera should tell you how to connect the VCR to the camera, if it is possible to do that.

Yup, the owner's manual of your VCR and Sony digital camera should tell you how to connect the VCR to the camera, if it is possible to do that.

Yes Sony says how to do this but they do not have this cable as I have checked with Sony and it is not listed or do they say where this can be obtained,

If the TRV140 is like my TRV740, you use the same cable that is included to connect the camcorder to a TV. It serves two purposes: video/audio OUT and IN. It is a cable with a 1/8" miniplug and 3 RCA plugs at the other end (yellow,red,white).

Hook the RCA end to the VCR Video OUT (yellow) and audio OUT (red/white). The miniplug goes into the camcorder.

You then connect the firewire cable from the camcorder to the computer.

The tricky part is capturing. Media Import requires a tape in the camcorder to control. It can be blank. Once capture starts the tape, just physically stop it by pressing the STOP button on the camcorder. This allows the video/audio from the VCR to pass-through to the computer.

Yes Sony says how to do this but they do not have this cable as I have checked with Sony and it is not listed or do they say where this can be obtained,

yes thaty sounds like what I was looking for,thank you

yes that sounds like what I was looking for,thank you

Archived