80004003 Error While Aborting

cpedrick@scotlandrack.com

Question

I am running on Win XP SP 2, 1.6Ghz Pentium M processor, 1GB memory, 12G free hard disk space (Dell 8600 laptop).

I have completed a 2GB VideoWave project and send it to MyDVD where I add menus and then try to burn it to disk - where it errors out when I try to burn the DVD.

(I have used the DVD burner successfully to burn files using Drag To Disk, so I know the drive is functional.)

I ran the pxengine1_08_34a.exe patch suggested by Roxio tech support, checked for updated firmware for my (brand new) IOMagic 16x external DVD RW drive, and eliminated extraneous startup items.

The burn appears to run, but after noting overall progress at 100% and Current Task Completed at 100%, I get "80004003 Error While Aborting".

The (brand new) DVD +R that I was (theoretically) burning is still blank. (I have tried multiple DVD +R and DVD RW disks to make sure it was not the disk with no luck.)

After clicking past the error message, MyDVD returns me to the project's main menu with a black background rather than the photo I had chosen, and the file appears to have been corrupted. (If I close it and try to open it again, it will not open.)

One further question: I did burn an .iso file of this project to my C: drive (as suggested on another board) and that appeared to complete successfully. Can you tell me if this is an executable movie and if so, how to run it? (I was wondering if I could burn that to the DVD instead of attempting to do the burn of the movie directly.)

All assistance greatly appreciated. I bought this software specifically for this functionality and I don't have much time left on my "30 day free trial" to return it.

TIA,

Carolyn

3 answers to this question

I am running on Win XP SP 2, 1.6Ghz Pentium M processor, 1GB memory, 12G free hard disk space (Dell 8600 laptop).

I have completed a 2GB VideoWave project and send it to MyDVD where I add menus and then try to burn it to disk - where it errors out when I try to burn the DVD.

(I have used the DVD burner successfully to burn files using Drag To Disk, so I know the drive is functional.)

I ran the pxengine1_08_34a.exe patch suggested by Roxio tech support, checked for updated firmware for my (brand new) IOMagic 16x external DVD RW drive, and eliminated extraneous startup items.

The burn appears to run, but after noting overall progress at 100% and Current Task Completed at 100%, I get "80004003 Error While Aborting".

The (brand new) DVD +R that I was (theoretically) burning is still blank. (I have tried multiple DVD +R and DVD RW disks to make sure it was not the disk with no luck.)

After clicking past the error message, MyDVD returns me to the project's main menu with a black background rather than the photo I had chosen, and the file appears to have been corrupted. (If I close it and try to open it again, it will not open.)

One further question: I did burn an .iso file of this project to my C: drive (as suggested on another board) and that appeared to complete successfully. Can you tell me if this is an executable movie and if so, how to run it? (I was wondering if I could burn that to the DVD instead of attempting to do the burn of the movie directly.)

All assistance greatly appreciated. I bought this software specifically for this functionality and I don't have much time left on my "30 day free trial" to return it.

TIA,

Carolyn

I have seen posts from others who have had problems running the software with a Pentium M. The Pentium M was made for laptops, and yours should run as well as a P4 2.4 GHz (no hyperthreading), according to the Wikipedia site.

I don't know what to tell you except, see if you can burn to an image file (ISO) from MyDVD. Don't send the file to MyDVD from VideoWave. Roxio made a big mistake with having it open MyDVD Express, instead of the full version, when sent from VideoWave. Close VideoWave, open MyDVD, then add your file from VideoWave. It will be a .dmsm file. Burn to an ISO file, and you then burn that ISO file to a DVD using Disc Copier. Disc Copier will copy it as a DVD compliant movie.

BTW, does that production preview, with no problem, in VideoWave and MyDVD?

TIA,

Carolyn

If you created the iso file successfully then you can use DiscCopier to burn it to a DVD. This method of first "burning" to an iso file and then burning that file to a DVD is method recommened by many. It separates the rendering and burning into 2 distinct operations and seems to give more successful results. With only 12GB free on your hard drive you will also run into problems if your hard drive is defragmented. It is therefore necessary to do frequent cleanups and defrags of the drive.

Thanks very much to both who responded.

The production does preview just fine in VideoWave (albiet slowly with the hard disk frequently pegged out). I haven't previewed the whole thing in MyDVD (because I am impatient and it runs so darn slowly) but the bit I did look at appeared OK.

The ISO file appeared to burn fine, but I wasn't sure how to check it, never having dealt with this kind of file before. (This is my first foray into digital video. I'm really much more of a Flash queen.)

Anyway, I will try DiskCopier (which I haven't used yet) tonight to see if that works.

I really appreciate the responses and the suggestions. (I posted a ticket with Roxio Tech Support two days ago... I'm still waiting...)

Again, thanks.

I'll let you know if it works.

Carolyn

Archived