Problem Capturing Video

casfrustration

Question

I'm using a Sony HDR -xr100 camcorder with XP pro operating system..when I go to capture video icon, I'm getting the following error: cannot use mediamanager and plug and burn AT SAME time. Bottom line I can't capture the video.

Second problem...when I try using the advance video editing..I get the following indication ; no permission to launch..it won't load either..

What am I do wrong? I paid too much for the software for it not to work.

5 answers to this question

I apologize for the confusion and I really appreciate the help you have given me so far. To put my problems in simple terms..I have loaded the video from the camera hard drive to my computer, but I'm still having problems using the editing in order to create a movie. The creator 2009 software is not bringing up the video. It is on my c drive but I can't load it for editing to the Creator 2009. Hopefully, this will clear it it for you. When I go to the editing - advance or editing - automatic, I'm getting an indication that I have no permission to launch software. I don't know how to get around that..Also, I have have my Blackberry software version 4.7 on the computer, I wanted to know if that could be interferring with the Creator 2009 software? Thank you in advance..for your help

I'm using a Sony HDR -xr100 camcorder with XP pro operating system..when I go to capture video icon, I'm getting the following error: cannot use mediamanager and plug and burn AT SAME time. Bottom line I can't capture the video.

Second problem...when I try using the advance video editing..I get the following indication ; no permission to launch..it won't load either..

Since you have a Hard Drive camcorder there is no need to use any capture program. Simply use Windows Explorer to copy the video to your hard drive.

But since you are having a problem launching Videowave you are having other major problems. Perhaps a clean reinstall is required.

OK, first we need to know what Roxio programs you have on your computer. It sounds like you have VHS2DVD but you posted in the Creator 2009 forum.

How do you have the camera plugged into the computer? That's a hard drive camera and if you do have Creator 2009, you should be able to just copy the video from the hard drive of the camcorder to your computer's hard drive and work on it from there.

Oops, Walt, sorry again !

OK, first we need to know what Roxio programs you have on your computer. It sounds like you have VHS2DVD but you posted in the Creator 2009 forum.

How do you have the camera plugged into the computer? That's a hard drive camera and if you do have Creator 2009, you should be able to just copy the video from the hard drive of the camcorder to your computer's hard drive and work on it from there.

Oops, Walt, sorry again !

I have the Creator 2009 software. I have tried loading the software onto the hard drive of the computer, but I'm still unable to work on the video. It will not let me do anything to the video from the camera using the Creator 2009. nothing, nada..What do you suggest? I do the clean swipe and re-install the software? I have a Blackberry that uses the Roxio software. Can that be interferring with the Creator 2009? I'm getting more and more frustrated by the minute. I have the camera plugged into the software - i tried 2 methods...using the USB and using the Dazzle 80 video connection..the software is not seeing either of the connections..I've even tried using both at the same time. According to the literature, the Creator 2009 recognizes the 80 as one of devices you can use. But, its not seeing it when use it..

I have the Creator 2009 software. I have tried loading the software onto the hard drive of the computer, but I'm still unable to work on the video. It will not let me do anything to the video from the camera using the Creator 2009. nothing, nada..What do you suggest? I do the clean swipe and re-install the software? I have a Blackberry that uses the Roxio software. Can that be interferring with the Creator 2009? I'm getting more and more frustrated by the minute. I have the camera plugged into the software - i tried 2 methods...using the USB and using the Dazzle 80 video connection..the software is not seeing either of the connections..I've even tried using both at the same time. According to the literature, the Creator 2009 recognizes the 80 as one of devices you can use. But, its not seeing it when use it..

Your post is very confusing.

You say your tried to load the software onto the computer. Was that succesfull? If it failed then obviously nothing else will work properly and a clean install is required.

Also if you have hard-drive camcorder there is no need to capture the video, ie. all you have to do is copy the video from the camcorder to your hard drive using Windows Explorer.

Archived