• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

missing codec 1080i50

ojaylewis

Question

Toast 10.0.2

OS X 10.5.7

Trying to make a DVD-video, when i drag a quicktime move file into the project. I get "...movie was not added because a required codec is missing (HDV 1080i50) "

I file is hdv as I shot it on a hdv cam, but I was under the impression that I could move it to toast and that would convert it for me and burn to a standard dvd-video 4.7GB

I appreciate any help.

Regards

3 answers to this question

Toast uses QuickTime and third party codecs. Apparently that one isn't in installed on your Mac. I've read that Apple supplies that codec with Final Cut Pro. If you have Final Cut Express or iMovie it should have converted that video to the Apple Intermediate Codec when imported from the camera. Only Final Cut Pro is able to work directly with HDV 1080i50 format.

I see, that would make sense as, the work that we shot was made at university where we had final cut pro, no that i have graduated I have since then purchased final cut express due to price.

How can I fix this? What work around do I have?

... If you have Final Cut Express or iMovie it should have converted that video to the Apple Intermediate Codec when imported from the camera. Only Final Cut Pro is able to work directly with HDV 1080i50 format.

I see, that would make sense as, the work that we shot was made at university where we had final cut pro, no that i have graduated I have since then purchased final cut express due to price.

How can I fix this? What work around do I have?

You probably have Googled for some leads but when I did that all I can find is connections to FCP. I think you need to find someone who has FCP who can lend you the codec or do a conversion using the Apple Intermediate Codec.

Archived