• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blank Preview Screen

geanberg@pldi.net

Question

I purchased PS &VW Premier Suite to burn cd/dvd's of vacation pix. I can add the photos, arrange them in the order I want but when I try to preview my slideshow the preview screen is black. I've spent hours looking at the manual, reading posts and pulling my hair out. HELP

Haven't had any other video issues with any other software!!

I had everything set up once using Pinnacle software but it hung up at 93% on prepping to burn. Found out that that software had problems and wasn't being supported anymore. NOW THIS!!!!

IF anyone can help PLEASE SAVE MY SANITY!!!

Gean

System I'm using:

V2 Premier computer

MS Windows XP Home SP2

Intel Pent 4 2.66 GHz CPU

2.66 GHz 480 MB RAM

SiS 650 graphics card set at 1024X768 32 Bit

DirectX 9.0c

2 answers to this question

Most of the time a problem as your are describing is due to an outdated or inadequate graphics card/chips. I'm not sure you actually have a card; you may just have a SIS chipset. Go here and see if there are any updates for your computer; particularly the graphics chip sets.cards. yes, V8 does require more from your graphics card/chip set than other programs.

Thanks for the response. I went there downloaded another driver and tried it. NO dice. Same problem. I've lost my patience with this whole process. Between the Pinnacle program and this Roxio junk, I've wasted hours on this simple project. My last computer resort is to take it to a professional and have them try to fix the problem. My last resort would be just to print the pix and put them in an old fashioned album. BUMMER!

Gean

Most of the time a problem as your are describing is due to an outdated or inadequate graphics card/chips. I'm not sure you actually have a card; you may just have a SIS chipset. Go here and see if there are any updates for your computer; particularly the graphics chip sets.cards. yes, V8 does require more from your graphics card/chip set than other programs.

I purchased PS &VW Premier Suite to burn cd/dvd's of vacation pix. I can add the photos, arrange them in the order I want but when I try to preview my slideshow the preview screen is black. I've spent hours looking at the manual, reading posts and pulling my hair out. HELP

Haven't had any other video issues with any other software!!

I had everything set up once using Pinnacle software but it hung up at 93% on prepping to burn. Found out that that software had problems and wasn't being supported anymore. NOW THIS!!!!

IF anyone can help PLEASE SAVE MY SANITY!!!

Gean

System I'm using:

V2 Premier computer

MS Windows XP Home SP2

Intel Pent 4 2.66 GHz CPU

2.66 GHz 480 MB RAM

SiS 650 graphics card set at 1024X768 32 Bit

DirectX 9.0c

Archived