• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

RUNTIME ERROR

Morpheus1972

Question

Good Morning, I would be greateful if someone could assist with my EASY VHS to DVD.

Got all excited with my new purchase yesterday, even bought me a new 500gb external hdd.

got out my old video player, found my old vids and thought cool now i can transfer you all to DVD.... Oh how dissapointed i was :angry:

Install went in ok, then launched the programme, fired up fine until i clicked on capture video and the following error message appeared.

RUNTIME ERROR!

Program. roxio easy vhs to dvd\media import11\mediacapture11.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application support team for more information.

Now im ready to chuck the lot out the window...LOL :P

Would appreciate any thoughts or comments

SPEC OF MY MACHINE IS:

ASPIRE LAPTOP 7720G

intel core duo processor T5750 @2GHZ

3GB DDR2

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM (32BIT)

SERVICE PACK2

Many Thanks,

Morph

xx

7 answers to this question

Never seen a SCART personally but from the users here it either works or there is no Video signal. Nothing else…

Hi Jim, Well i have tried the clean install 3 times now and im getting the same error messages. Have tried opening a few of the applications to see what happens. This is my findings.

CAPTURE VIDEO - Same runtime error message a previously posted

PLUG AND BURN - Proxy Manager has stopped working, A problem casused the programme to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available, it then opens another window. RoxWizardLauncher Module has stopped working.

DIGITILIZE LPS & TAPES - Seems to work fine :)

BURN AUDIO CD'D - Works fine :)

CAPTURE AUDIO FROM SOUNDCARD - Works fine :)

EDIT VIDEO - Error message - Unable to load skin

What do you suggest ?

Cheers, Morph

2 things pop out from your list…

Looks like anything connected with Video is failing – which leads directly to your graphics card or lack thereof… See if you can locate any updates for it. But it may simply lack the capability to do the job.

The ‘load skin’ has shown up when the OS language and the preferred language don’t match – look through this Link. Although the Error message you posted is not a perfect match for the one Martin listed???

The install failed somehow and you need to do the Clean Install to make sure it is right…

Vista

Hi Jim,

Thanks for responding, i have tried that and this time i get a different message :

R6025 - PURE VIRTUAL FUNCTION CALL

So i guess im a little better off but not much as i still cant capture...

Hope this makes some sence to you..lol

Cheers

Morph

Do it again! really :o

If you have any more errors like be sure and include details!

Ok , will try the clean install again and report my findings, one thing im just wondering about it that im running from red/yellow/white inputs on one end to a scart on my old video player, will that make a difference ?

Just a thought

Cheers

Morph

Ok , will try the clean install again and report my findings, one thing im just wondering about it that im running from red/yellow/white inputs on one end to a scart on my old video player, will that make a difference ?

Just a thought

Cheers

Morph

Never seen a SCART personally but from the users here it either works or there is no Video signal. Nothing else…

Archived