I am so lost right now

hanerhah@charter.net

Question

Hi, Well, I made the iso file as I was told eariler today and that went fine but I now cannot copy that off either - and I found out that the one DVD that I did burn earlier that took forever was blank when I put it in the DVD player. For those who didn't read the other one, I am trying to burn around 100 copies of my studios dance recital.

When I try to burn the iso file it tells me that the disc is not supported by my drive - that I shoudl try a different disc format or a different speed rating. I have a 16 x drive and 16 x discs and my machine takes + or - R discs - what am I missing?

I am really getting frustrated here - can anyone help me?

3 answers to this question

Hi, Well, I made the iso file as I was told eariler today and that went fine but I now cannot copy that off either - and I found out that the one DVD that I did burn earlier that took forever was blank when I put it in the DVD player. For those who didn't read the other one, I am trying to burn around 100 copies of my studios dance recital.

When I try to burn the iso file it tells me that the disc is not supported by my drive - that I shoudl try a different disc format or a different speed rating. I have a 16 x drive and 16 x discs and my machine takes + or - R discs - what am I missing?

I am really getting frustrated here - can anyone help me?

It could be your burner doesn't like your brand of discs. Make sure you have the latest firmware for your burner too. Did you try a slower speed to see if that would work?

Please list your computer specs, specifically, your burner type.

It could be your burner doesn't like your brand of discs. Make sure you have the latest firmware for your burner too. Did you try a slower speed to see if that would work?

Please list your computer specs, specifically, your burner type.

I have not been able to make the speed chagne - - it will not allow me to do it. If I have the right info, my burner is NEC DVD+-RW ND-3450A. Is that the info you need? I have a dell dimension 400.

Is there like a number I can call and have someone walk me through the troubles step by step -- at this point I don't even mind paying for it - I just need to get this figured out fast because I have to have all these discs burned in 2 weeks.

Thank you so much for your help!

Heidi

I have not been able to make the speed chagne - - it will not allow me to do it. If I have the right info, my burner is NEC DVD+-RW ND-3450A. Is that the info you need? I have a dell dimension 400.

Is there like a number I can call and have someone walk me through the troubles step by step -- at this point I don't even mind paying for it - I just need to get this figured out fast because I have to have all these discs burned in 2 weeks.

Thank you so much for your help!

Heidi

Oh, and I am using Memorex DVD-R discs and Dell said that -R should be fine - - Could it be a problem with the "memorex" type?

Heidi

I'm not a Memorex fan but it's easy to try another brand and see if that works.

As for as your firmware, you'll need to contact Dell support or use their website to see if there have been updates for your burner. The latest I could find on their site was here but it's over a year old. You may have some luck searching the net for it but be careful of the firmware you use and if you don't know what you're doing, ask a geeky friend to help.

Archived