rnr67

No Drive Detected

Question

I have a HP desktop that came with a DVD burner installed. The burner is now toast and had to buy an external DVD burner, which is my j drive. Roxio will not recognize it. It just says at the bottom, "No Drive Detected". I uninstalled and reinstalled Roxio WITH the J drive in hopes it may work, but no luck. Is there any way at all to get Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite to recognize my drive. I don't have the cash to run out for another burner.

ConvertXtodvd, my computer, and other apps have no problem seeing my external. Why can't Roxio?

2 answers to this question

I have a HP desktop that came with a DVD burner installed. The burner is now toast and had to buy an external DVD burner, which is my j drive. Roxio will not recognize it. It just says at the bottom, "No Drive Detected". I uninstalled and reinstalled Roxio WITH the J drive in hopes it may work, but no luck. Is there any way at all to get Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite to recognize my drive. I don't have the cash to run out for another burner.

ConvertXtodvd, my computer, and other apps have no problem seeing my external. Why can't Roxio?

Try downloading and running this PXEngine to repair your registry drive filters.

**** PX Engine 3.0

http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip