I can't get the Volume level the same on all tracks when I burn a cd using Roxio RecordNow 10.

How do I get a uniform volume?

Thanks for any help.

I can't get the Volume level the same on all tracks when I burn a cd using Roxio RecordNow 10.

How do I get a uniform volume?

Thanks for any help.

Open the main home page for your program, select Help, then select index, then type in normalize.

It should look similar to this:

Open the main home page for your program, select Help, then select index, then type in normalize.

It should look similar to this:

That png file doesnt work for me. I get err msg from server. I cant see the image from the file.

I feel like I've read a hundred posts on this topic and 50 help pages, and it's just not clear to me, and I still have questions...

Let's suppose I've been working in the Roxio Sound Editor within Music Lab 10, and I've got my audio in the window, and I've cut it into 3 tracks, and I'm ready to adjust the volume and export the 3 tracks to 3 mp3 files.

Q1. Does Normalize consider the volumes of all 3 tracks, and then adjust each of the 3 tracks individually?

Q2. Does Maximize consider the highest possible non-clipping volume, and then adjust each of the 3 tracks individually?

Q3. My objective is (a) first, to adjust all the tracks to about the same volume, so that if Track 1 is relatively low volume before adjustment, it will be about the same as Track 2 after adjustment, and then (B) second, to increase the volumes of all the tracks, so that they all are about the same volume at roughly the maximum volume without clipping. So I perform these steps ("->" means "Choose"):

-> Fading & Volume

-> Normalize

-> 8x

-> OK

-> Export Tracks/Clips

-> Use Tracks (all 3 tracks have a check in the check box)

-> MP3 (good)

-> Save to <foldername>

-> Maximize volume before exporting

-> OK.

My Question: does this accomplish my intention?

Q4. As with Q3, but suppose I choose 10x instead of 8x. Will that make the Maximize step unnecessary? Will it have other effects?

Q5. If I want to Normalize, then must I choose the Normalization settings and then play the 3 tracks before exporting them?

Thank you for guidance.

danb

That png file doesnt work for me. I get err msg from server. I cant see the image from the file.

Invision have got attachments turned off in this forum, for some unexplained reason. :(