No Disk Found

I try to Drag to Disk a file on my desktop to a dvd+rw disk and the message "There isno disk in the drive appears". It will recognize and play audio cd's so I know the drive works. Any ideas? Thanks.

You are confusing several unrelated things together - a common confusion, by the way.

There is no difference between CD-R and CD-RW for writing purposes. You can't "delete" other than to remove something from the TOC (Table of Contents). The difference is you can erase the ENTIRE CD-RW and start over. Oh - and a CD-RW will fade out on its own, taking all the data with it, as the re-crystalized aluminum alloy de-crystalizes. CD-R, after the dye is "cooked" is much more stable.

Second, to use Drag2Disc, or any Packet-Writing program (DirectCD, Nero's InCD, Sonics' DLA, etc), the disc needs to be formatted. Formatting the a CD-RW will speed up the process by which CD-RW will lose the data.

So the question comes up as to why you are trying to use Drag2Disc. If it is for Backup, consider using Classic creator, or a Flash drive (aka Pen / Thumb / Keychain / Jump drive), or an external Hard Drive.

And use your CD-RWs for testing.

Lynn

You say you're trying to write a DVD+rw,then say it plays Audio CD's ok.Are you sure that your drive is capable of writing DVD's?What drive do you have?

Good catch, Terry - I missed the "DVD" since CDs were referred to.

But there's been more than one instance when someone has a "combo" drive (CD-RW/DVD-ROM) and assumes that if you just get the software that will make the DVD-ROM able to be a burner instead of Read Only.

Lynn

Archived