• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting lossless WMA to MP3 in batch mode

jbbobbitt

Question

Hi all and thanks for the replies to earlier post. I'm glad we all enjoyed my typo.

I've got about 3 cowfulls (23 Gb) of music files in WMA format, mostly lossless. There's also some files I've purchased with lower bitrates.

I want to burn LOTS of music files to CDs in MP3 format. So I want to convert my lossless WMA files to MP3 format in batch mode, i.e. by selecting multiple folders or subfolders and hitting the "convert" button, and still keep the orginal WMA files.

Can I do this with EMC 8? Is there a better way?

Thanks again,

-jbb

6 answers to this question

Hi all and thanks for the replies to earlier post. I'm glad we all enjoyed my typo.

I've got about 3 cowfulls (23 Gb) of music files in WMA format, mostly lossless. There's also some files I've purchased with lower bitrates.

I want to burn LOTS of music files to CDs in MP3 format. So I want to convert my lossless WMA files to MP3 format in batch mode, i.e. by selecting multiple folders or subfolders and hitting the "convert" button, and still keep the orginal WMA files.

Thanks again,

-jbb

Interesting, I never knew a cow could hold a little over 7GB. :) And I grew up on a dairy farm!

You can do what you want by opening opening multiple tracks in Sound Editor, then exporting the clips to your preferred format. Simply add all the tracks from a directory, select "Export Tracks/Clips", click the "Use Clips from Project" button, select the output format and location, and click the "Export" button. At one time, you could only add tracks one-at-a-time into Sound Editor, but the latest version I have installed here is letting me select multiple files to add.

Hope that helps!

Interesting, I never knew a cow could hold a little over 7GB. :) And I grew up on a dairy farm!

You can do what you want by opening opening multiple tracks in Sound Editor, then exporting the clips to your preferred format. Simply add all the tracks from a directory, select "Export Tracks/Clips", click the "Use Clips from Project" button, select the output format and location, and click the "Export" button. At one time, you could only add tracks one-at-a-time into Sound Editor, but the latest version I have installed here is letting me select multiple files to add.

Hope that helps!

Ah, I missed the "use clips from project" button which makes all the difference in the world. Still, I like the ease of using Explorer in DBA Poweramp.

You can also do it using Music Disc Creator.Select "Add Tracks",choose all the tracks you want and click add.Once they are in the project,right click and select "export".A window will come up giving you the choice of location and format.

Ah, I missed the "use clips from project" button which makes all the difference in the world. Still, I like the ease of using Explorer in DBA Poweramp.

Yeah... that one took me a few minutes to figure out when I first tried doing this. I'm usually going from .WAV to .MP3 to take stuff to work, and I use RazorLAME for batching stuff like this. But obviously, we want to answer with what we assume the user has.

I'm partial to GoldWave (free trial download, no malware) google for it. If you select the batch convert I'm sure you can select the folder and "all subfolders" It works very well.

Hi all and thanks for the replies to earlier post. I'm glad we all enjoyed my typo. I've got about 3 cowfulls (23 Gb) of music files in WMA format, mostly lossless. There's also some files I've purchased with lower bitrates. I want to burn LOTS of music files to CDs in MP3 format. So I want to convert my lossless WMA files to MP3 format in batch mode, i.e. by selecting multiple folders or subfolders and hitting the "convert" button, and still keep the orginal WMA files. Can I do this with EMC 8? Is there a better way?

Thanks again,

-jbb

Thanks again,

-jbb

First let me say that I'm not totally proficient in all the lossless formats and rarely use Sound Editor but, I don't think you can do what you want to do. Yes it can export many lossless formats but even though it can convert files, I'm not sure how to do whole directories. There are programs on the net that are exclusively for audio and I think you should look at DBA Power Amp which will do what you want. EMC is a suite of goodies and does not have dedicated programs with 100% of all the bells and whistles. On the other hand, DBA Power Amp is not going to do video work either.

Archived