Chadbert

Can't get video when I burn a DVD

Question

When I try to burn a slide show and movie to a DVD I get sound, but no picture. I am using Memorex DVD+R DVDs and maybe this is the problem since the burn properties page shows the "DL Target Media" as "-R DL". I can't figure out how to change the setting to "+R". My wife bought me a spindle of 50 DVD I can't take back so I'd really like to see if I can fix this without buying different DVDs!!!

Help!!

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Home Vista Premium (SP2). My drive is a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653F ATA DEVICE. I am using MyDVD in Easy Media Creator 9 (Build 910B75K ENU).

5 answers to this question

When I try to burn a slide show and movie to a DVD I get sound, but no picture. I am using Memorex DVD+R DVDs and maybe this is the problem since the burn properties page shows the "DL Target Media" as "-R DL". I can't figure out how to change the setting to "+R". My wife bought me a spindle of 50 DVD I can't take back so I'd really like to see if I can fix this without buying different DVDs!!!

Help!!

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Home Vista Premium (SP2). My drive is a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653F ATA DEVICE. I am using MyDVD in Easy Media Creator 9 (Build 910B75K ENU).

Isn't that option greyed out? which means its not applicable to your situation.

To make sure that the problem is not directly burner related I would first "burn" to a Folder Set and then use Windowa media Player to see if you can play the video slideshow. If it plays then you can use DiscCopier to burn the Folder Set to a DVD. If it doesn't play then there is something wrong in your slideshow setup.

BTW, Memorex DVDs are considered bottom of the barrels quality DVDs. Verbatims are much, much better and recommended by most of us here.

PS, don't mention this to your wife though :rolleyes:

Isn't that option greyed out? which means its not applicable to your situation.

To make sure that the problem is not directly burner related I would first "burn" to a Folder Set and then use Windowa media Player to see if you can play the video slideshow. If it plays then you can use DiscCopier to burn the Folder Set to a DVD. If it doesn't play then there is something wrong in your slideshow setup.

BTW, Memorex DVDs are considered bottom of the barrels quality DVDs. Verbatims are much, much better and recommended by most of us here.

PS, don't mention this to your wife though :rolleyes:

Thank you , thank you!!! That worked!!!

What worked? :unsure:

I burned a folder set and then copied it to a DVD and it played fine. It's a little cumbersome but I'm not a pro and only do a few slideshows now and then. This work around will get me down the road. Thanks again.

I burned a folder set and then copied it to a DVD and it played fine. It's a little cumbersome but I'm not a pro and only do a few slideshows now and then. This work around will get me down the road. Thanks again.

Actually I don't find it cumbersome but a more reliable way to create a DVD. It does not take much longer but can save you from making a few coasters. If there is a problem with your project you discover it before you waste a DVD. There are a number of reasons why many of prefer this route (or first burning to an image file).