• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Music DVD playback not in order

macman7234

Question

I've made several "Music DVD" discs under Audio via Toast 7.0.2.

The menus / pictures are all fine, and I can play every track I have made.

However the tracks seem to skip forward and backwards - sometimes even to tracks not on that album/playlist. Using the remote, I can get back to where the next track that played should have been, and select the correct track to play, but it's irritating.

I've used three different menu styles, so I don't think this is the issue.

One disc consists of 6 album playlists,

recorded on the Pioneer DVR-109.

It has done this on 5 different brands of DVD players I've tried it on.

Is this a known bug, or is there a way around it?

9 answers to this question

The original post in this forum is that tracks would skip randomly even when trying to play in the Title list sequence, which should not happen in the current version of Toast.

However, it DOES continue to happen !!!

I know this issue persists in Toast 8 - friends who've bought it

have seen the same thing happen.

This is a BUG that needs to be addressed !!!!!

I hope Roxio has not got it in their heads to stop support for Toast 7 -

that could get them into some nasty trouble. This isn't a product from 10 years ago.

Has ANY progress been made to determine what the problem is from

Roxio SW Design?

I'll open my own trouble ticket and get friends to open tt's also,

if that's the only way to convince the design management to address the problem?

Roxio Support, what do you suggest? OS X 10.3.9 / Toast 7.1.2

Well, the playback-out-of-order issue is not resolved in 7.1.2 (not that the release notes said that this issue was addressed.)

Roxio support - is this problem currently being studied by the software designers?

If not, how can I open a problem report ticket on this?

This occurs every time on a wide number for players,

and three other Toast owners I know experience the exact same issue I am seeing.

Thanks

I have had an open trouble ticket on this issue with Roxio for months now. I'll keep you posted if I ever get an answer, but so far they've just suggested the latest updates - none of which fixed the problem(s).

Well, the playback-out-of-order issue is not resolved in 7.1.2 (not that the release notes said that this issue was addressed.)

Roxio support - is this problem currently being studied by the software designers?

If not, how can I open a problem report ticket on this?

This occurs every time on a wide number for players,

and three other Toast owners I know experience the exact same issue I am seeing.

Thanks

I have had an open trouble ticket on this issue with Roxio for months now. I'll keep you posted if I ever get an answer, but so far they've just suggested the latest updates - none of which fixed the problem(s).

What you're saying is that when you choose Shuffle Play or you're in one of the Smart Lists other than the Title list you created, and you manually use the chapter skip key to move to another track, that from this point on it plays in the sequence of the Title list. The instruction to the DVD player to play tracks in the other order is forgotten. Is that correct? The only way to prevent this is to not manually skip tracks when in one of those play modes. Otherwise you'll need to go back to the menu and re-select that play mode.

The original post in this forum is that tracks would skip randomly even when trying to play in the Title list sequence, which should not happen in the current version of Toast.

There were some Music DVD navigation issues fixed in Toast 7.1.  You will need to create a new DVD in Toast 7.1, but it should work more as exprected.

I too am having this problem (in 7.1). This is the first DVD music album I've made since upgrading from Toast 6. Playback is fine if you choose track one of an album and let it play. But if you skip one or more songs with the remote, playback resumes after your target song as if you hadn't touched the remote (e.g. press NEXT once to skip to the next song, which will then play twice in a row, then continue normally). VERY frustrating.

Any info. on this anyone?? Thanks.

Archived