Can't burn videowave production

yankfan1

Question

Running EMC 7 on winxp pro sp3. I have previously burned dvds but my current production is a problem. When I click on burn burn production to disc the dvd builder component opens but my production isn't there for burning. Looking in files turns up a dmsm extension for it but the dvd builder wants a dmsd format. I tried output as... but get no option to convert to dmsd, only preselected formats.

What am I missing?

18 answers to this question

Then, something in the process went south. If you right click on that icon, in the tray, can you delete it?

Outside of using a registry cleaner, I am out of ideas.

Edit: If you can delete the icon, from the tray, reboot again, and install the EMC 7 software, again. Sometimes, that needs to be done.

Thanks you so much! I finally was able to uninstall wmp11 and ie8 and my emc worked.

I'm left with one slight problem. The dvd I created will play on my dvd player but not on my computer. To play on the computer I have to use a secondary video decoder which works fine but it would be better if I could send these dvds to family and friends and have them run directly with wmp or realplayer. Any ideas?

Thank you so much! I finally was able to uninstall wmp11 and ie8 and my emc worked.

I'm left with one slight problem. The dvd I created will play on my dvd player but not on my computer. To play on the computer I have to use a secondary video decoder which works fine but it would be better if I could send these dvds to family and friends and have them run directly with wmp or realplayer. Any ideas?

Everything relating to wmp11 is removed by using add/remove programs in control panel except for

windows media format 11 runtime. When I try to remove it, a message tells me it can't because it's needed for wmp11. What can I do?

Everything relating to wmp11 is removed by using add/remove programs in control panel except for

windows media format 11 runtime. When I try to remove it, a message tells me it can't because it's needed for wmp11. What can I do?

It appears that you did not reboot, after you did the removal of WMP 11 from Add/Remove Programs. You have to reboot, so the registry is cleared.

Does WMP 11 still show, after you reboot?

Running EMC 7 on winxp pro sp3. I have previously burned dvds but my current production is a problem. When I click on burn burn production to disc the dvd builder component opens but my production isn't there for burning. Looking in files turns up a dmsm extension for it but the dvd builder wants a dmsd format. I tried output as... but get no option to convert to dmsd, only preselected formats.

What am I missing?

dmsa project files are created by Videowave and can be added to your DVD project by using the "add .." task. You cannot open a "dmsa" project using DVD Builder.

BTW, the dmsa and dmsd project files do not contain any video at all but are just text files containing the istructions and the resources used for creating the final videos.

dmsa project files are created by Videowave and can be added to your DVD project by using the "add .." task. You cannot open a "dmsa" project using DVD Builder.

BTW, the dmsa and dmsd project files do not contain any video at all but are just text files containing the istructions and the resources used for creating the final videos.

Okay, I'm obviously missing something in my understanding.

I completed the production in Videowave and clicked on "burn production to disk". It's saved with the dmsm extension. That opens the dvd builder component of EMC. I choose DVD as the type of production I want to create and dvd builder shows "untitled production" at the top of the window.

Under "dvd menu" I choose "add title" which opens "add media to project". At this point, I don't know what file I'm looking for to add. If I can't use the file with .dmsa or dmsm as the extension, what am I looking for to use?

Okay, I'm obviously missing something in my understanding.

I completed the production in Videowave and clicked on "burn production to disk". It's saved with the dmsm extension. That opens the dvd builder component of EMC. I choose DVD as the type of production I want to create and dvd builder shows "untitled production" at the top of the window.

Under "dvd menu" I choose "add title" which opens "add media to project". At this point, I don't know what file I'm looking for to add. If I can't use the file with .dmsa as the extension, what am I looking for to use?

Walt had a typo in his post. It is .dmsm

When you are in VideoWave, and click burn, that is all you have to do. DVD Builder opens, and you DO NOT CLICK ON ADD TITLE, which means adding another movie.

What you do is click on the word, Menu, and edit it to whatever you want to name your production.

You can add a background photo, if you so desire, by right-clicking in the same Menu Editor screen and browse to the photo you want to add. There are many other things you can do, to author the menu, but you need to play around with it, to find out what you like.

At any rate, whenever you are done, save as a name, and location, that you will remember, click on the Burn button, click on the Advanced Settings button, and make sure that the Quality is set to Best, and make sure the other setting are what you want.

I set mine to got back to the main menu after playing, and because I am here, in the U.S., I set my production to NTSC.

Walt had a typo in his post. It is .dmsm

When you are in VideoWave, and click burn, that is all you have to do. DVD Builder opens, and you DO NOT CLICK ON AT TITLE, which means adding another movie.

What you do is click on the word, Menu, and edit it to whatever you want to name your production.

You can add a background photo, if you so desire, by right-clicking in the same Menu Editor screen and browse to the photo you want to add. There are many other things you can do, to author the menu, but you need to play around with it, to find out what you like.

At any rate, whenever you are done, save as a name, and location, that you will remember, click on the Burn button, click on the Advanced Settings button, and make sure that the Quality is set to Best, and make sure the other setting are what you want.

I set mine to got back to the main menu after playing, and because I am here, in the U.S., I set my production to NTSC.

Thanks Bruce ... had "dmsa" on my mind from another post :blink:

no, nothing happens

Then, something in the process went south. If you right click on that icon, in the tray, can you delete it?

Outside of using a registry cleaner, I am out of ideas.

Edit: If you can delete the icon, from the tray, reboot again, and install the EMC 7 software, again. Sometimes, that needs to be done.

Archived