• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning disks

starobin

Question

3 answers to this question

:) when I burn my multimedia project onto a dvd-rw disk I end up with a read only disk. I really do not understand this. Any help out there. I am a neophyte with EMC 8 and am trying to go through ROxio EMC8 for DUMMIES. :huh:

What exactly do you mean by "multi-media" project? Video, audio, slideshow, a mixture ? Any video DVD is always read-only!

What exactly do you mean by "multi-media" project? Video, audio, slideshow, a mixture ? Any video DVD is always read-only!

I started out in Creator Classic. I was practicing to see if I could burn onto a dvd-rw. I compiled a multimedia disk with photos and some music. I then burned it. When I tried to add to the disk I am told it is now only a read only disk.

thanks for your help

Sid Starobin

I started out in Creator Classic. I was practicing to see if I could burn onto a dvd-rw. I compiled a multimedia disk with photos and some music. I then burned it. When I tried to add to the disk I am told it is now only a read only disk.

thanks for your help

Sid Starobin

To create a slideshow DVD (which I assume you are trying to do since you are using photos and music) you should be using Videowave to assemble your project and then use myDVD to create menus and burn to a DVD. As I said earlier, a video (slideshow) DVD is read only, you cannot addto it later. If you are simply trying to store the photos and music on the DVD then you are creating a data DVD and not a multi-media DVD.

Archived