Sign in to follow this  
mschnepper

Creator 2009 compatiblility with Easy Creator 9?

Question

I have Easy Creatory 9 that I purchased via download. The software is corrupted and I can't burn things I created in videowave to dvd. If I purchase creator 2009 will I be able to burn these old files to disc and have them play on a DVD? If I decide to purchase creator 2009 this time I will pay for the disc and not just download it. If I decide to edit my old files will Creator 2009 be able to edit an easy creator 9 file?

4 answers to this question

I have Easy Creatory 9 that I purchased via download. The software is corrupted and I can't burn things I created in videowave to dvd. If I purchase creator 2009 will I be able to burn these old files to disc and have them play on a DVD? If I decide to purchase creator 2009 this time I will pay for the disc and not just download it. If I decide to edit my old files will Creator 2009 be able to edit an easy creator 9 file?

Just to clarify, what is corrupted is the MyDVD. I get an error message: the following codec(s) must be activated before using the application: MPEG-2 Click Ok to Continue or Cancel to abort. It looks like it is searching for file to install that it can't find. Anyway, if I get 2009, will MyDVD from creator 2009 burn .dmsm files created in Easy Media Creator 9 to DVD? Will videowave in creator 2009 edit .dmsm files created in emc 9?

Just to clarify, what is corrupted is the MyDVD. I get an error message: the following codec(s) must be activated before using the application: MPEG-2 Click Ok to Continue or Cancel to abort. It looks like it is searching for file to install that it can't find. Anyway, if I get 2009, will MyDVD from creator 2009 burn .dmsm files created in Easy Media Creator 9 to DVD? Will videowave in creator 2009 edit .dmsm files created in emc 9?

Probably not, depending on whether or not you used text and transitions. Some of them are not the same in Creator 2009, as they were in Easy Media Creator 9. It will open in Creator 2009, but you may have to make some changes in text and transitions.

Edited by grandpabruce

:unsure:

Probably not, depending on whether or not you used text and transitions. Some of them are not the same in Creator 2009, as they were in Easy Media Creator 9. It will open in Creator 2009, but you may have to make some changes in text and transitions.

Thanks! You are correct. Roxio online contact confirmed this for me. I think I am going to repurchase a hardcopy of EMC 9 from Craigslist,ebay,etc.

If they aren't "backwards compatible" what is a current users incentive to upgrade to the newest product? I wouldn't upgrade to the newest Microsoft office if I lost the ability to read,edit all of my excel and word files.

If they aren't "backwards compatible" what is a current users incentive to upgrade to the newest product? I wouldn't upgrade to the newest Microsoft office if I lost the ability to read,edit all of my excel and word files.

To stay ahead of the 8 Ball so that if your EMC 9 won't even run in the next Windows version you are not caught spinning your wheels at the bottom of the learning curve.

Sign in to follow this