• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Using scenes for Videowave

billg182@hotmail.com

Question

I have recently purchased Creator8 Suite in hopes of creating a DVD for my family. I have imported an hour-long video and it is currently in .avi format. I then ran the scene detection feature so that I can only use some of the recorded scenes for the DVD I plan to create. I highlighted the scenes I wanted and clicked OK but nothing happened. When I try to drag the whole video file to the timeline, it does not separate into different scenes. How do I import the scenes I want to use in VideoWave?

2 answers to this question

I have recently purchased Creator8 Suite in hopes of creating a DVD for my family. I have imported an hour-long video and it is currently in .avi format. I then ran the scene detection feature so that I can only use some of the recorded scenes for the DVD I plan to create. I highlighted the scenes I wanted and clicked OK but nothing happened. When I try to drag the whole video file to the timeline, it does not separate into different scenes. How do I import the scenes I want to use in VideoWave?

Is this video captured from a MinDV camcorder? If yes, then do a google search on a smal, free utilty called WinDV. With it you cancapture your video fram your camcorder to small individual files based on your tape time codes. It works much better then using EMC's capture and scene detection.

Is this video captured from a MinDV camcorder? If yes, then do a google search on a smal, free utilty called WinDV. With it you cancapture your video fram your camcorder to small individual files based on your tape time codes. It works much better then using EMC's capture and scene detection.

Works great, thanks a million! They should add this software to their suite!

Archived