"MyDVD Edit Movie" vs "VideoWave"

tbernardi

Question

I may get blasted for this remark since I am new, but this version 8 product has too many sub-programs that all do the same thing, but to different degrees. I mentioned before about the difference between MyDVD and MyDVD Express depending on from where you launch it.

Now, I created a VideoWave presentation a week ago. Added it to a MyDVD project. Then I wanted to edit it and I right clicked the thumbnaail. It brought up what I thought was VideoWave, but it still said MyDVD.

Since it looked like VideoWave, I continued editing.

Now, the changes are only shown in the MyDVD project and not in the VideoWave Presentation.

I am getting great results from ver. 8 but I find it to be very, very quirky.

6 answers to this question

I may get blasted for this remark since I am new, but this version 8 product has too many sub-programs that all do the same thing, but to different degrees. I mentioned before about the difference between MyDVD and MyDVD Express depending on from where you launch it.

Now, I created a VideoWave presentation a week ago. Added it to a MyDVD project. Then I wanted to edit it and I right clicked the thumbnaail. It brought up what I thought was VideoWave, but it still said MyDVD.

Now, the changes are only shown in the MyDVD project and not in the VideoWave Presentation.

I am getting great results from ver. 8 but I find it to be very, very quirky.

When you want to edit videowave, bring videowave up and choose from exsisting projects. Do your editing and save. It will also be changed in MyDVD. I think you will find that while your creating and editing a slideshow it should be done in videowave. There seem to fewer problems and more flexiblity. Actually, if I remember correctly, this is the same in v7 and 7.5 but instead of MyDVD you have DVD Bldr. When your done then add it to MyDVD for menus and burning.

It IS Videowave. Actually there is no MyDVD.exe. Run MyDVD and hit Alt-Cntl-Del. You will find that videowave8.exe is the running application. However, the 'internal' version within MyDVD (edit movie) is a somewhat limited version. I don't think there is a 'file output'. It is really meant for quick edits without having to exit MyDVD to go back to the main Videowave app. As Patty suggests, you really should do all of your main editing with Videowave. MyDVD is for creating the menus and chapters for the final disc, ISO or vidoe folder output.

To save yourself double rendering, do your edits in VW and save the Project. Don't output to file, just save the project.

Then open MyDVD and import the VW project (project_name.dmsm).

This way your original source file is never altered but all of the edits you did in VW are applied when you import it into MyDVD.

To save yourself double rendering, do your edits in VW and save the Project. Don't output to file, just save the project.

Then open MyDVD and import the VW project (project_name.dmsm).

This way your original source file is never altered but all of the edits you did in VW are applied when you import it into MyDVD.

I think that is what I said, or at least that is what I meant. Hope this helps you.

I think that is what I said, or at least that is what I meant. Hope this helps you.

Patty: Yes it is! I did not mean to plagiarize your post.

I just didn't read it closely or I would have left well enough alone!

That is probably why it was so windy when I went out afterwards. It was like a Storm

Patty: Yes it is! I did not mean to plagiarize your post.

I just didn't read it closely or I would have left well enough alone!

That is probably why it was so windy when I went out afterwards. It was like a Storm

No problem James, I wasn't complaining about your responding, I just wanted to make sure I had said it correctly. Sometimes one answers a question and if I don't reread it closely enough I might have not explained well enough or it was misinterpreted. That was the only reason I said anything. I certainly don't mind being corrected or have someone expland on something I have written. Your cool................ :):huh::D

Archived