• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mike M

EMC 9.0: Blue Screen System Crash

Question

Hi All,

When dragging digital photo files into Drag-to-Disk for buring on CD's, I get a Blue Screen error message and my computer crashes. I've re-installed the program 2X and the problem continues. How can I rectify this problem?

Thanks,

Mike

:angry2:

7 answers to this question

Hi All,

When dragging digital photo files into Drag-to-Disk for buring on CD's, I get a Blue Screen error message and my computer crashes. I've re-installed the program 2X and the problem continues. How can I rectify this problem?

Thanks,

Mike

EMC 9 was the last version to have this “feature”. Since it disappeared, so did all posts about losing data etc :lol:

And you are using it with irreplaceable pictures??? Wow, that is living on the edge :o

Take the hint it is giving you as well as the writing on the wall and learn how to use Creator Classic with Sessions.

Hi All,

Thanks,

Mike

More info on drag to disc (from fellow user James_Hardin) read it: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=14628

Yes, I did a clean install, but I'm still having this Blue Screen computer crash issue. Any other options?

Yes, I did a clean install, but I'm still having this Blue Screen computer crash issue. Any other options?

Does this only happen when you use Drag to Disk?.

What happens if you use any other application in the suite.

Hopefully, you will get things squared away, but you have already spent a lot of time, having problems with Drag to Disc, which will eventually bite you bigtime, if you use it to backup any important data.

Take a look at Post #3 again. Creator Classic is the way to backup your important data, not any packet writing software like Drag to Disc.

Some folks here, believe that Drag to Disc was dropped because Vista had a built in packet writing software. They dropped it, because they found out how unstable packet writing is.

Check to make sure you have no other packet writing programs on your computer. You cannot have two different ones or they fight over control of your burner and you get a crash. Delete the other one; better still delete both after you transfer all those CDs you made using packet writing to a couple of DVDs. ;)

Edited by sknis