• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Sound

drovers-sunrise

Question

Hi there

I have been trying to burn a dvd using toast without any luck. I am using toast alongside EyeTV...

When I burn the DVD and put it in my DVD player, the picture is there, but there is no sound. But when I play it in my mac mini, everything is fine.

Is there a way to resolve this issue? It is quite urgant that I do so.

Thanks

DS

11 answers to this question

I am not sure of the brands LOL. They are both inkjet printable, so there is no branding on them.

Here is what my DVD supports (maybe you can help me figure out what I can and can't use):

supports vdv video, compact disc digital video, compact disc digital audio, dts digital out, dolby digital, mp3 playback.

Any clues as to what type/brand of media I should be buying?

It's possible that the DVD has MPEG audio. If so you need to go to the setup menu of the DVD player and select whatever setting converts MPEG audio to PCM. Each brand of player calls it something else. Keep experimenting with the player's audio setup and you should get it to play the audio.

Oh...I found a disc I burnt the other week--a movie I downloaded. I burnt it onto the same kind of discs that I am trying to burn with now. It works in my DVD player...so it must be something with EyeTV.

I am expecting my Macbook to get here today, so i might try burning with that and see what happens.

With my Pioneer unit there is an Initial Setup menu that has an Audio Out menu. When that is selected there is an MPEG Out setting that needs to be MPEG-to-PCM to work with a stereo receiver connected via the player's digital audio output.

MPEG audio is what the original EyeTV's encoded. If yours is a Firewire EyeTV then I don't think it encodes MPEG audio. My son said he couldn't find a way to get the MPEG audio to play on his Toshiba player but my daughter was able to get it to work on her Panasonic.

If you still can't get it to work and it is indeed MPEG audio, let me know and I can tell you how to convert the audio in those MPEGs before burning them to DVD.

How is your DVD player's audio connected to your receiver or TV?

I think the easiest thing would be if you could tell me how to convert the files, because I can not get my DVD player to work. I have a Tedelex dvd player which i got from ebay--am regretting going the cheap way now. should have gotten a well-known brand. My DVD's audio is connected through the TV (no speakers, just the tv).

Anyway if you could help me with converting, that would be fantastic.

I think the easiest thing would be if you could tell me how to convert the files, because I can not get my DVD player to work. I have a Tedelex dvd player which i got from ebay--am regretting going the cheap way now. should have gotten a well-known brand. My DVD's audio is connected through the TV (no speakers, just the tv).

Anyway if you could help me with converting, that would be fantastic.

Okay. You'll need the freeware application MPEG Streamclip. It, however, needs Apple's QuickTime MPEG 2 component which sells as a download from the Apple Store for, I think, $19. You can try this without the MPEG2 Component as that might only be needed if you want to see the video in Streamclip. There's no need to view the video; just to "demux" it and convert the MPEG audio to AIFF.

Open the MPEG file created by EyeTV in Streamclip. (Let me know if you've already trashed that and need to work from the one on the DVD you burned). After opening the MPEG select "Demux to M2V and AIFF" from the File menu. Remember where you've saved this.

When that's done, open Toast and drag the .m2v file you just saved to the Video window. Toast will either automatically add the audio or display a box asking you to locate the audio stream (which is the AIFF file).

By default Toast will encode the AIFF (which actually is PCM) audio as AC-3 when you click the burn button (or choose Save as Disc Image). None of these steps will cause any re-encoding of the video portion, so it doesn't take much time.

Well that didn't work either :s

I can't understand it! I have a burnt DVD from a friend and it works fine in the player.

I noticed on the DVD's that there was a clicking sound when I turned it right up...does this give any clues???

This is frustrating me! I'm trying to convert VHS tapes to DVD on a time frame of 4 weeks :S.

You have me stumped now as well. Is the brand of disc used by your friend's DVD different from the brand you used? Also, is the other disc DVD+R or DVD-R and yours is the other? It may be that your DVD player doesn't like the brand of media you're using.

You have me stumped now as well. Is the brand of disc used by your friend's DVD different from the brand you used? Also, is the other disc DVD+R or DVD-R and yours is the other? It may be that your DVD player doesn't like the brand of media you're using.

Archived