vw7 pro compatable with Hauppauge pvr-150 (aka 26xxx)

johnjhudak

Question

It seems that ROXIO has dropped the ball on this, but....Can anybody tell me if VW7Pro is compatable with the Hauppauge pvr-150? Capture recognizes the card, lets me adjust setting, select A & V inputs, but when I hit capture I get "Capture failed" message. No matter what config permutaitons I set, same results. Another weird thing is that when I am in the Capture program, I see the video in the monitor window, but no audio. Again, fiddling with all the settings does not produce any audio. Any insight/help/suggestions is appreciated.

BTW, my hauppauge card is an OEM version for HP. The drivers are up-to-date as far as HP is concerned, but are about 8 months earlier than the drivers on the Hauppauge site....

With much appreciation...

John

PS: oh yea, can somebody clue me in on the name of the month for this product? Is Video wave 7 same as EM7?

1 answer to this question

It seems that ROXIO has dropped the ball on this, but....Can anybody tell me if VW7Pro is compatable with the Hauppauge pvr-150? Capture recognizes the card, lets me adjust setting, select A & V inputs, but when I hit capture I get "Capture failed" message. No matter what config permutaitons I set, same results. Another weird thing is that when I am in the Capture program, I see the video in the monitor window, but no audio. Again, fiddling with all the settings does not produce any audio. Any insight/help/suggestions is appreciated.

BTW, my hauppauge card is an OEM version for HP. The drivers are up-to-date as far as HP is concerned, but are about 8 months earlier than the drivers on the Hauppauge site....

With much appreciation...

John

PS: oh yea, can somebody clue me in on the name of the month for this product? Is Video wave 7 same as EM7?

I've found very little luck with my Hauppauge cards in the past working with EMC (any version) well at all. I suggest you use the software that came with your card to do your captures.

Archived